title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Problem with CD Ripper retrieving Album Cover Art on Windows 2009 R2 Server?

Problem with CD Ripper retrieving Album Cover Art on Windows 2009 R2 Server?

In CD Ripper, double-clicking on the album art brings up the window "Choose Album Art" (from the internet). Doing this on my home PC (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit) yields a myriad of image options, yet doing so on my work PC (Windows 2009 R2 - which is a server-based OS) I get like 2 or 3 options. From what I understand, Server Operating Systems have built-in protections allowing only partial internet access. I've attempted to go into the Control Panel to allow dBpa & CD Ripper through the Windows Firewall but to no avail. Wondering if there's some Command Prompt or other setting? I've Googled and Googled but nothing... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance=)

Administrator

Re: Problem with CD Ripper retrieving Album Cover Art on Windows 2009 R2 Server?

The restriction is likely on the company firewall, not your PC.

Re: Problem with CD Ripper retrieving Album Cover Art on Windows 2009 R2 Server?

Thanks Spoon, though not in this case. I did some testing: Borrowed a laptop from a co-worker (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit), installed dBpa, inserted the same CD I previously used, connected it to the same ethernet cable I use for the Server PC (the one having the issue), and it worked just fine (gave lots of album art choices like my PC at home does). As a result, I have to conclude it's the Server-based OS causing the restrictions. Funny thing is, with this Server PC, I've experienced ZERO other internet restrictions: I can fully access any other internet site without issue just as if I were on any common Windows OS PC. In the 3 years I've used this Server, this is the first and only time I've run into this issue. For whatever reason, it doesn't like CD Ripper (I know CD Ripper's fine, just wanting it and the Server to play nice with each other).