Hello - I've been using the latest version of the CD Ripper for a while now and, most-recently, I've noticed that I'm having difficulty ripping 40-50% of the tracks on many of the CDs I've been trying to copy to basic FLAC files (ripping directly to a large external NAS drive). I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell i5-powered notebook PC and using an external LG CD/DVD drive for this purpose. I've previously - using a different ripping package that's no longer supported (Winamp) - ripped hundreds of CDs without any major issues but, lately, this error-prone ripping has been the norm. I've tried different settings - changing the Lossless Encoding level up and down, changing to a different CODEC altogether (Apple), changing ripping methods from Secure to Burst to Defensive By Design, etc. and it continues to be a problem. I've cleaned the back of the CDs with anti-static cleaning cloth, used canned air to lightly blow out any dust that might be in/near the CD drive, etc., but nothing seems to improve the situation.
I know that the CD drive works because I can listen to the tracks directly from the CD without any problems, so I'm not sure what else to do.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for any help you'd be willing to offer.