title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Newish Ripper user - Rip Status Error Messages on 50% or more of attempts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Newish Ripper user - Rip Status Error Messages on 50% or more of attempts?

Hello - I've been using the latest version of the CD Ripper for a while now and, most-recently, I've noticed that I'm having difficulty ripping 40-50% of the tracks on many of the CDs I've been trying to copy to basic FLAC files (ripping directly to a large external NAS drive). I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell i5-powered notebook PC and using an external LG CD/DVD drive for this purpose. I've previously - using a different ripping package that's no longer supported (Winamp) - ripped hundreds of CDs without any major issues but, lately, this error-prone ripping has been the norm. I've tried different settings - changing the Lossless Encoding level up and down, changing to a different CODEC altogether (Apple), changing ripping methods from Secure to Burst to Defensive By Design, etc. and it continues to be a problem. I've cleaned the back of the CDs with anti-static cleaning cloth, used canned air to lightly blow out any dust that might be in/near the CD drive, etc., but nothing seems to improve the situation.
    I know that the CD drive works because I can listen to the tracks directly from the CD without any problems, so I'm not sure what else to do.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks for any help you'd be willing to offer.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Newish Ripper user - Rip Status Error Messages on 50% or more of attempts?

To help troubleshoot this, please post the exact error message(s).

Hello and thanks for your reply. I've attached two screen shots of what I see when I try and rip a CD. One is just the main screen showing ERROR as a result (this is the third time I tried to rip this particular CD, with some of the tracks encoding accurately, so I didn't try and re-encode those) and the other is showing the error-related text.
    Hope this gives you enough info to be able and help me get to the bottom of my problems here. BTW - this has happened with a greater frequency since I downloaded the last updates to the software package.
    Thanks again - Mike Gcdrippersnips101118.jpgcdrippersnipv2s101118.jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

Take a CD that you previously ripped successfully and try ripping it again. Does that CD still rip, without errors?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Take a CD that you previously ripped successfully and try ripping it again. Does that CD still rip, without errors?
    Hello again - was away for a while, sorry for the delay in my reply.
    So, I tried to rip a previously-ripped CD and, this time, ran in to the same issues I've been having lately.
    I've attached a couple of screen grabs of the error screens - if these contain clues as to why I'm having problems lately (mostly, since the recent updates), please let me know what you suggest I do next.
    Thanks again for any help you'd be willing to give me
    Regards
    Mike G
    mbluesreriperrors102618.jpgmbluesrerip102618.jpgmbluesreriperrors102618.jpgmbluesreriperrorinfo102618.jpg
    Last edited by DICMikeG; 10-31-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Administrator

The error means dBpoweramp is not able to write to your network share, try setting dBpoweramp to write to its local HDD on the computer then manually move the files after ripping.