title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multi Disc Simplification for stupid devices, aka counting continuesly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Multi Disc Simplification for stupid devices, aka counting continuesly

Hello and good evening.
    For certain devices I would like to strip the files of their Mutli Disc tag and count the tracks countinuesly across an album.
    Reason being that these so called stupid devices would play those albums in order "CD1-Track1" "CD2-Track1" "CD1-Track2" and so on...

The easy way would be to set the "Album" Tag [Album]-[Disc] in a first step and then just leave it at that, but that is really not very graceful, and increases the number of albums you have without reason.

Much more ellegant would be to be able to count continuesly:
    CD1 T1 - CD1 T1
    .... - ........
    CD1 T9 - CD1 T9
    CD2 T1 - CD1 T10

I hope that scheme and my broken english "illustrate" what i'm up to.

I have a very loose memory that that was possible at some point, but either that memory is wrong or i can't find it anymore.
    Because the software can identify albums by their album tag, for example for ReplayGain.

If not, could someone give me a hint on how to figure it out myself with RuleBasedManipulation (here i simply don't know of any way to cross reference an information between conversions) or with an external script (about which i know nothing)?

Help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in adavance

Administrator

Re: Multi Disc Simplification for stupid devices, aka counting continuesly

Insert disc 1, set the disc label as:

1/1

Rip, then insert disc 2, again set the disc label as:

1/1

right click on track 1 and add a +100 track offset.

For disc 2 add two +100 track offsets. If the disc number is added also to the album name, remove it.

I'm far behind ripping at this point.
    I hoped for doing it after the fact when converting masses of already to flac ripped cd's for into other formats, which is why i posted in "Batch Converter".

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chefi View Post
    I'm far behind ripping at this point.
    I hoped for doing it after the fact when converting masses of already to flac ripped cd's for into other formats, which is why i posted in "Batch Converter".
    So, for each disc in the multi-disc album, the disc tag is populated?

How are your audio filenames formatted e.g. [track] [artist] - [title]?

Which device do you have the issue with?

Yes, for each and every file i own the [Disc] tag is always populated with its correct actual disc number.

Swapping Questions 2 and 3: the device is an old third party car radio, wich ignores the disc tag, which is why i fusion multi disc albums, and can only read 255 folders on a FAT32 USB stick, and FAT32 only allows a ceratin number of chars per folder, which is why i have come up with the following so far, to answer question 2:

[UPPER][GRAB]1,2,[album artist][][]\[album artist]-[album][IF][tag]MultiDisc[],=,1,-[SETLEN]2,48,,[tag]Original Disc[][].[tag]Original Track[],[IFVALUE]track,-[track][][]-[title][IF][tag]Original Artist[],=,[artist],,-[tag]Original Artist[][]

As you may see I created the tags [MultiDisc],[Original Disc], [Original Track] and [Original Artist] beforehand with ID-Processing DSP's to retain those information for the filename, in case i ever have to browse the files manually, because then i streamline the actual tags for easy use on that radio.

I had to create my own [MultiDisc] tag because for the stupid thing to work i had to use "Drop Disc Count", and then poweramp build in mutli disc recognition fails, so i might be up for a disappointment here anyway. The reason for that is that i also had to swap chars like "/", which than messes up the disc count completely.

The only thing i need to know now, is how to have poweramp count the tracks per album continuesly, and have it "simulate" single disc releases.
    Last edited by Chefi; 10-10-2018 at 03:44 AM. Reason: clarification and grammar

dBpoweramp Guru

dBpoweramp does not renumber, as you would like.

Are all your multi-disc album tracks in a single folder? If yes, MP3Tag has an auto-numbering tool, that will help you.