title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Recommended software for ripping DVD-A discs to hi-res AIFF files?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferrarabrainpan
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2018

Recommended software for ripping DVD-A discs to hi-res AIFF files?

I've already looked into finding a way to rip SACD discs and given the technical challenges of doing that I would rather pay this service http://www.goldeneardigital.com/ to do the job. They also rip DVD-A but I am wondering if there is a program comparable to CD Ripper (secure ripping capacities, extensive tagging flexibility, etc) that I could buy to rip my DVD-A discs to 24/96 AIFF files. I figure if there is a good program or a relatively painless way to go about this then the user base here would be able to point me in the right direction.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Recommended software for ripping DVD-A discs to hi-res AIFF files?

There are a few DVD-A ripping options (search these forums), but they are not comparable (secure ripping capacities, extensive tagging flexibility, etc) to CD Ripper.

Comment

• Michael Sargent
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2009

Take a look at DVD Audio Extractor (DVDAE). http://www.dvdae.com/

I used it to rip all of my DVD-Audio disks and many of my Blu-Ray Audio or Blu-Ray concert disks (not all because they didn't used to support dts-HD MA at full resolution, but they do now).

Mike

Comment

• ferrarabrainpan
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jul 2018

Originally posted by mville
        There are a few DVD-A ripping options (search these forums), but they are not comparable (secure ripping capacities, extensive tagging flexibility, etc) to CD Ripper.
        Either the search box is broken or I don't know how to use it because I searched the entire forum for "DVD-A" and got zero results.

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ferrarabrainpan
          Either the search box is broken or I don't know how to use it because I searched the entire forum for "DVD-A" and got zero results.
          Try dbpoweramp dvd in google.

Comment

• ferrarabrainpan
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jul 2018

Thanks for that tip. Looking at a few different threads it seems like DVDAE is my best bet and I'm going to go ahead and purchase that one.

Comment

Working...

]]>