title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Recommended software for ripping DVD-A discs to hi-res AIFF files?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Recommended software for ripping DVD-A discs to hi-res AIFF files?

I've already looked into finding a way to rip SACD discs and given the technical challenges of doing that I would rather pay this service http://www.goldeneardigital.com/ to do the job. They also rip DVD-A but I am wondering if there is a program comparable to CD Ripper (secure ripping capacities, extensive tagging flexibility, etc) that I could buy to rip my DVD-A discs to 24/96 AIFF files. I figure if there is a good program or a relatively painless way to go about this then the user base here would be able to point me in the right direction.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Recommended software for ripping DVD-A discs to hi-res AIFF files?

There are a few DVD-A ripping options (search these forums), but they are not comparable (secure ripping capacities, extensive tagging flexibility, etc) to CD Ripper.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Take a look at DVD Audio Extractor (DVDAE). http://www.dvdae.com/

I used it to rip all of my DVD-Audio disks and many of my Blu-Ray Audio or Blu-Ray concert disks (not all because they didn't used to support dts-HD MA at full resolution, but they do now).

Mike

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    There are a few DVD-A ripping options (search these forums), but they are not comparable (secure ripping capacities, extensive tagging flexibility, etc) to CD Ripper.
    Either the search box is broken or I don't know how to use it because I searched the entire forum for "DVD-A" and got zero results.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarabrainpan View Post
    Either the search box is broken or I don't know how to use it because I searched the entire forum for "DVD-A" and got zero results.
    Try dbpoweramp dvd in google.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks for that tip. Looking at a few different threads it seems like DVDAE is my best bet and I'm going to go ahead and purchase that one.