title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: RE: Tagging 'Quirky' Question (help?)

dBpoweramp Guru

Question RE: Tagging 'Quirky' Question (help?)

Hi folks,

I have opened a new thread because hopefully the discussion won't be too drawn out and many of my other threads are already verbose. However, moderators please relocate if you see fit.

I am ripping the CD: Bach - Well-Tempered Clavier (played by Edwin Fischer), books I and II:

I am trying to tag the 2 discs but they will not open in ID-Tagger. All of my other rips do, however. I mean, I am not given the option to use ID-Tagger.

Please see screenshot:

Perhaps it's a quirk or maybe I need to adjust a specific setting?

Many thanks in advance for any kind assistance offered here.

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 10-02-2018 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Link

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Tagging 'Quirky' Question (help?)

Hi,

I have tried re-ripping the CD but the results (as per above) remain the same.

Thanks,

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

What does the file explorer context menu normally show, when selected on other flacs?

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: Tagging 'Quirky' Question (help?)

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    What does the file explorer context menu normally show, when selected on other flacs?
    Hi,

I think this is what you are referring to:

Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

So, the context menu works as expected, on flacs in the Chick Corea - Return To Forever folder but not in the Bach - Well-Tempered Clavier folder. The context menu is a feature of Windows 10 File Explorer, not dBpoweramp.

If you copy one of the Bach - Well-Tempered Clavier flacs to the Chick Corea - Return To Forever folder, does the context menu now work as expected, on the copied flac?

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: Tagging 'Quirky' Question (help?)

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    So, the context menu works as expected, on flacs in the Chick Corea - Return To Forever folder but not in the Bach - Well-Tempered Clavier folder. The context menu is a feature of Windows 10 File Explorer, not dBpoweramp.

If you copy one of the Bach - Well-Tempered Clavier flacs to the Chick Corea - Return To Forever folder, does the context menu now work as expected, on the copied flac?
    I thought I would quickly try it once before copying the CD into another Genre/Artist folder, and it seems to have corrected itself?! I have no idea how or why!?

I have another similar-ish issue with recently ripped Beethoven symphony CD which I will post tomorrow, probably in a new thread.

Cheers.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 10-07-2018 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Link