title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: another newbe thats lost her way

another newbe thats lost her way

Hi, I've decided to move my (mostly opera) CD collection to a NAS (WD MyCloud 2TB) to play on my new Yamaha NP-303S and have hit a snag I can't solve - the albums I've ripped are listed by track number but the tracks are being played alphabetically (not numerically). The naming convention I'm using is - [album], [album artist], [composer]\[track]-[title].

One possible cause is the WD NAS is a single drive that has the old Twonky media player (which I can't upgrade to Plex) and Windows Media Player. Neither have settings (I can find) to alter the order tracks are played. I've tried adding Asset to my laptop and NAS but that hasn't solved the problem.

I think its probably a Yamaha NP setting issue but there seems no way to access any settings for play order on the Yamaha Musiccast App or the player itself and Yamaha tech help are closed until Tuesday . . .

Any suggestions?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: another newbe thats lost her way

Do the track file names in your dynamic naming settings look like

/[title]

instead should be

/[track] - [title]

this may solve your problem. Also set track formatting to use two digits, 01, 02, etc

Can fix without reripping cds

Administrator

The UPnP server (Twonky in your case) is not able to do as you require, it is not using the filenames, but rather the ID Tags from the files.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I've moved the music I ripped (only a few albums so far as i'm not sure I've know what I'm doing yet) from the NAS to a USB Ext HD plugged into the router and the music is now playing in track order. My struggle now is how to configure Asset UPnP. I'm not sure if I need a replacement for WMP as, while I can access the Asset configuration program, I can't work out how to create playlists.

dBpoweramp Guru

foobar2000 for windows can create playlists.

Thanks, I've downloaded foobar2000 and am working my way through the user guides