title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Maintaining path

Maintaining path

I have used the last two versions, 14 and 15, and just upgraded to 16. I am using a new computer but added my original media drive to this one. The Drive is K: and I have a Music folder with sub-folders for AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, MP3, and WAVE. In the previous version I put K:\Music\AIFF in the path field when the rip to dropdown was set to AIFF, K:\Music\ALAC in path field when the rip to dropdown was set to Apple lossless, etc. I then added the 5 codecs to multi-encoder and when ripping a cd I would end up with all five types of files in the proper folders.

I have installed the newest update of version 16, as of 09/29/2018, and after I have set the path for one codec when I change to another codec to set the path it changes the paths for all codecs to the newest path.

Is there some other way I have to make the settings to get 5 different encodings in the folders I desire?

Thanks,

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Maintaining path

You have to use multi encoder and to specify the path for each encoder - just like in R14 and R15.

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    You have to use multi encoder and to specify the path for each encoder - just like in R14 and R15.

Dat Ei
    Thanks, now I get this error message for each track I try to rip. Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 2' to 'K:\Music\ALAC\Cher\Dancing Queen\Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight).IGNORE'
    Aiff: Error failed to create output file. [clEncoder_AIFF::BeginConversion]
    Apple Lossless: Error unable to open File '\Cher\Dancing Queen\Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight).m4a' for writing. [clEncoder_ALAC::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File '\Cher\Dancing Queen\Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight).flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File '\Cher\Dancing Queen\Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight).mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Wave: Error unable to open File '\Cher\Dancing Queen\02 - Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight).wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]

dBpoweramp Guru

Was K:\ a network drive? Did you mount that drive as K:\ on your new computer again?

If K:\ is mounted, you can access K:\ (i.e. by Windows explorer) and have write access to K:\ (i.e. try to copy a file to "'K:\Music\ALAC"), then you could check the options of CD Ripper. Have a look at "Tag & Filenames" - "When ripping". Try to set it to the option "Rip direct to final filenemes".

Dat Ei

Administrator

> open File '\Cher\Dancing

You have no drive specified, try adding [origdrive]\ to the beginning of the naming string.