title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PerfectTunes will not update tags

PerfectTunes will not update tags

I am using the licensed version of PerfectTunes for macOS (v2.1). I'm a new user so perhaps I am being dumb, if so please forgive me.

I am in Lists & Recommendations for Artists. PerfectTunes recommends changing an artist name which includes "feat." such as "Aeroplane feat. Au Revoir Simone" to "Aeroplane; Au Revoir Simone". So I click on the suggestion and it says "Writing Tags..."

However the tags do not get updated if I check in another app (e.g. Kid3) or reload PerfectTunes.

The files are marked as Read/Write for "everyone" and my own user account. File type is Apple Lossless M4A.

Administrator

Re: PerfectTunes will not update tags

If you look in PerfectTUNES control center, it says it is registered?

Running Registered PerfectTunes 3.2 on Win 10 and tags WILL NOT SAVE. Please please help. This is maddening. Reg PT.JPG

I have uninstalled, reinstalled. Shut down, rebooted.

This always worked on Win 7.
    Last edited by Treelady; 09-26-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Administrator

Ensure the music can be written to, where is it saved, on a NAS?

My library is on an internal drive that I have rights to rite to. For example dBpower amp CD Ripper writes to that drive. But the issue of not committing the tags does seem like a permissions issue.

Super Moderator

One issue at a time. Regarding the mac problem:
    Quote Originally Posted by wilro15 View Post
    I am using the licensed version of PerfectTunes for macOS (v2.1). I'm a new user so perhaps I am being dumb, if so please forgive me.

I am in Lists & Recommendations for Artists. PerfectTunes recommends changing an artist name which includes "feat." such as "Aeroplane feat. Au Revoir Simone" to "Aeroplane; Au Revoir Simone". So I click on the suggestion and it says "Writing Tags..."

However the tags do not get updated if I check in another app (e.g. Kid3) or reload PerfectTunes.

The files are marked as Read/Write for "everyone" and my own user account. File type is Apple Lossless M4A.
    Which version of Mac OS are you using? (10.15 Catalina, 10.14 Mojave or other?)

Non-updating of tags is something the unregistered version would do - are you sure that you're not accidentally using an unregistered version from before purchasing the license? The startup window will say so: "Registration Status: Registered" or other.

PerfectTUNES v2.1 is not the latest. Can you please try the current version - 2.3 at this time - and report if the problem persists?
    Thanks.