title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PerfectTUNES 2.1 won't uninstall

PerfectTUNES 2.1 won't uninstall

Hi,

I wanted to uninstall version 2.1 unregistered to try the R3 unregistered on my Surface Book2 Windows 10.

Uninstall is failing because the sytem cannot find SpoonUninstall.exe in the system32 subfolder.

BR

Administrator

Re: PerfectTUNES 2.1 won't uninstall

Try type into start menu >> Remove Programs

then click the link 'Programs and Features' top right, then uninstall from there.

Great thanks!

Uninstall of PerfectTunes 2.1 worked that way!

I have had the same problem this evening, in that the system cannot find SpoonUninstall.exe in the system32 subfolder.
    I am running windows 10 pro version 1803.
    Earlier today, I uninstalled dBpoweramp Music Converter Reference R16.2 and installed version 16.5. I don't know if this caused a problem with the PerfectTUNES uninstall or not by deleting uninstall info for this other product.
    I am planning to update PerfectTunes from version 2.1 to 3.1 and perhaps I don't need to uninstall PerfectTunes, but can install the newer version 3.1 over the existing version. I searched the forum topics but couldn't find clarification so I thought I'd ask the question before hitting the install button.

Administrator

You can install the newer over the top without uninstalling.