title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Best Apple Lossless Ripping Settings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • haastile
    • Sep 2018

Best Apple Lossless Ripping Settings

Ok, so I'm embarking on a ripping journey and I want opinions for finalized settings before I get rolling. I used XLD in the past and I haven't ripped anything in a lonnng time. I would like the absolute 100% best rips possible and any settings suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to have the disc ripped and then have it end up in my iTunes.

Thanks in advance!!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Best Apple Lossless Ripping Settings

See:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• blaxxz
      • Sep 2018

Hi,

im testing the Program till now it is just wow

In this Guide:

Depending upon which audio player is used, if the player can handle 24 bit audio files, then adding the DSP effect HDCD is useful, in that any HDCD audio CDs (a special encoded audio CD with 20 bits of encoded audio information) will be detected and encoded to a 24 bit audio file, non HDCDs are left at 16 bit.
      So should i use the +6dB Option?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

I personally would leave +6db unchecked.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• haastile
          • Sep 2018

Finally diving in to start my ripping project. Set up everything according to the setup guide and I'm getting errors for a few tracks on every disc. Tried 3 discs that are all pristine.

The errors say "error converting to apple lossless-track ripped insecurely" and the error is "reached maximum 1 unrecoverable frames for this track"

and "unable to read cd, check cd disc" on another disc. What in the heck am I doing wrong?

Comment

Working...

]]>