title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Best Apple Lossless Ripping Settings

Thumbs up Best Apple Lossless Ripping Settings

Ok, so I'm embarking on a ripping journey and I want opinions for finalized settings before I get rolling. I used XLD in the past and I haven't ripped anything in a lonnng time. I would like the absolute 100% best rips possible and any settings suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to have the disc ripped and then have it end up in my iTunes.

Thanks in advance!!

Administrator

Re: Best Apple Lossless Ripping Settings

Hi,

im testing the Program till now it is just wow

In this Guide:

Depending upon which audio player is used, if the player can handle 24 bit audio files, then adding the DSP effect HDCD is useful, in that any HDCD audio CDs (a special encoded audio CD with 20 bits of encoded audio information) will be detected and encoded to a 24 bit audio file, non HDCDs are left at 16 bit.
    So should i use the +6dB Option?

Administrator

I personally would leave +6db unchecked.

Finally diving in to start my ripping project. Set up everything according to the setup guide and I'm getting errors for a few tracks on every disc. Tried 3 discs that are all pristine.

The errors say "error converting to apple lossless-track ripped insecurely" and the error is "reached maximum 1 unrecoverable frames for this track"

and "unable to read cd, check cd disc" on another disc. What in the heck am I doing wrong?