title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Artist artwork not showing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emueyes
    • Jul 2012

Artist artwork not showing

I don't know if this is an Asset issue or I'm just using the wrong control point. I have Asset installed on an Ubuntu Beaver system, and all my music is strictly set up to be ArtistName/AlbumName, with both the Artist folder, and each Album folder containing a Folder.jpg, ie for the artist and for each album. It's all meticulously tagged, but no files (almost all FLAC) contain artist images.

I've tried literally a dozen Android control points, and none of them show the Artist artwork, though some of them display the Album art.

On the other hand, there is some Windows software like MusicBee that do show Artist images, so I'm starting to think that Asset is in fact doing its job properly (as it does, it's just about flawless). The obvious solution is to use a Windows machine as the control point, but I'm trying to explore the whole use-an-old-tablet avenue first.

So while this might not actually be an Asset problem some people here may have a suggestion, I'm hoping. Please, don't flame me on this, if I'm out of line just say. This just seems like the best place to find people who are doing exactly what I'm trying to do.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Artist artwork not showing

You have a folder.jpg in the artist folder and that is your Artist Artwork?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• emueyes
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
      You have a folder.jpg in the artist folder and that is your Artist Artwork?
      Yes. Each Artist folder has a Folder.jpg, and each subdirectory (Album) has its own Folder.jpg (ie Album artwork)

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

I have never heard of this being used before, hence why not much will support it.

If you browse Asset by:

Additional >> Folders and Filename Browsing >>

It should show then.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by emueyes
          Yes. Each Artist folder has a Folder.jpg, and each subdirectory (Album) has its own Folder.jpg (ie Album artwork)
          Have you tried changing an Artist folder .jpg from Folder.jpg to [artist].jpg, where [artist] is the artist name?

Comment

Working...

]]>