title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Artist artwork not showing

Artist artwork not showing

I don't know if this is an Asset issue or I'm just using the wrong control point. I have Asset installed on an Ubuntu Beaver system, and all my music is strictly set up to be ArtistName/AlbumName, with both the Artist folder, and each Album folder containing a Folder.jpg, ie for the artist and for each album. It's all meticulously tagged, but no files (almost all FLAC) contain artist images.

I've tried literally a dozen Android control points, and none of them show the Artist artwork, though some of them display the Album art.

On the other hand, there is some Windows software like MusicBee that do show Artist images, so I'm starting to think that Asset is in fact doing its job properly (as it does, it's just about flawless). The obvious solution is to use a Windows machine as the control point, but I'm trying to explore the whole use-an-old-tablet avenue first.

So while this might not actually be an Asset problem some people here may have a suggestion, I'm hoping. Please, don't flame me on this, if I'm out of line just say. This just seems like the best place to find people who are doing exactly what I'm trying to do.

Administrator

Re: Artist artwork not showing

You have a folder.jpg in the artist folder and that is your Artist Artwork?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You have a folder.jpg in the artist folder and that is your Artist Artwork?
    Yes. Each Artist folder has a Folder.jpg, and each subdirectory (Album) has its own Folder.jpg (ie Album artwork)

Administrator

I have never heard of this being used before, hence why not much will support it.

If you browse Asset by:

Additional >> Folders and Filename Browsing >>

It should show then.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by emueyes View Post
    Yes. Each Artist folder has a Folder.jpg, and each subdirectory (Album) has its own Folder.jpg (ie Album artwork)
    Have you tried changing an Artist folder .jpg from Folder.jpg to [artist].jpg, where [artist] is the artist name?