title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to change wrong IDTags of a complete CD in one go?

How to change wrong IDTags of a complete CD in one go?

I made a ripped recording of a complete (streamed) CD with the Audials Software. But the program didn't assign the correct ID tags to all tracks, but for about half of the tracks the ID tags of other CDs (based on just the songs titles) there of course also with different track numbers, years etc.
    I had hoped that with PerfectTunes I could now completely assign the recordings to the corresponding IDtags of a certain CD from Internet databases in one go. But that didn't work or I don't know how. I now had to correct the ID tags for all the wrong tracks. Isn't there a faster way to do this?
    I imagine that one could search for the complete Track IDs of a certain CD directly from an Internet database using the i.e. CD title, and then assign those tags directly from the database entries to the ID tracks of your own files.

Administrator

Re: How to change wrong IDTags of a complete CD in one go?

We do not have anything which can do this automatically.

Re: How to change wrong IDTags of a complete CD in one go?

Hello, Spoon.
    That's really too bad. I've already bought a lot of software similar to PerfectTunes and had bought PerfectTunes because I hoped it would include just such a feature. It would be great if such a function could be included in one of the next updates as I think, a lot of users use streaming software and run into similar problems.