title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Possible to purchase and run 2 copies of dBpoweramp simultaneously on ONE PC??

Possible to purchase and run 2 copies of dBpoweramp simultaneously on ONE PC??

Topic.

I have a robust PC (i7 7700K, 32GB RAM, massive storage, etc), 4 optical drives and several thousand Redbook music CDs to rip to flac. Ideally I'd like to be ripping one CD while setting up the metadata on another CD simultaneously, alternating ripping/setting up metadata between two optical drives.

Feasible?

Administrator

Re: Possible to purchase and run 2 copies of dBpoweramp simultaneously on ONE PC??

Purchase the family pack and you can run 5 on the same PC.

Re: Possible to purchase and run 2 copies of dBpoweramp simultaneously on ONE PC??

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Purchase the family pack and you can run 5 on the same PC.
    1. Family Pack = $68; Single License = $39. I already own one license purchased previously. Can I just buy another Single License and it still work?

2. What about INSTALLING a second license, do I need to do anything special, such as install in a different location than the 1st license, etc?

3. What about shared resources between two licenses? So for example: CD Ripper Options > Active Providers > Settings > "Maximum Cache Size" = "200 MB" (default). If I were to double this value to 400 MB for BOTH licenses, would I have 2 separate folders 400 MB each, 1 shared folder @ 800 MB, OR just one folder @ 400 MB shared between both licenses?

Answers will determine whether or not I purchase a second license (or family pack). Thanks in advance!!

Administrator

Using your existing order number (on the registration retrieval page, follow offer link) you should be able to upgrade to the family pack for $34

There is no need to install the 2nd license, we operate based on trusting our users, the same program can be started multiple times.

Appreciate the response Spoon.

Few more questions for you (or anyone) -

1. Since I already own one copy/license of dBpoweramp and just need one more, I assume I can just buy another single license instead of having to buy a "family pack"?

2. Any special installation considerations, such as custom installing the second license in a different folder/location than the first, etc (or just let them occupy the same folder)?

3. Would each copy run totally independently or would they share some resources? So for example if I were to install/launch two copies of CD Ripper simultaneously, then go into their "Menu" > Active Providers > Settings > "dBpoweramp Cache" and change each one's default value from "200" MB to "400" what would happen? Would each generate independent folders of 400 MB each, would there just be one combined 800 MB folder or just one 400 shared between both ? You see where I'm going with this...

Thanks in advance=)

Administrator

1. On your registered download page there is an offer link to upgrade to the Family pack, which is cheaper than buying an additional single license.

2. You run the program twice, no need to install again.

3. They share settings.

OK, I purchased the Family Pack and......... it works great! Launching CD Ripper multiple times opens multiple CD Ripper windows. In each one I can select and configure my different drives. At one point I was ripping 3 CDs to flac simultaneously! And was surprised to see the fairly minimal impact on my CPU & RAM. Now I'm making progress! Thanks Spoon!!!