title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Always same tracks shown for different albums with the same name....

Always same tracks shown for different albums with the same name....

I'm running Asset UPnP on a QNAP 128 streaming to a T+A Music Player. In the "Album" view, there are - obviously - several albums with the same name, e.g. "Greatest Hits". All of them are shown correctly with their specific covers in the T+A Control app on my iPad. When I click on a specific album though, there always is the same one "Greatest Hits" album shown with its tracks, e.g. on whatever album I klick, it's always the track of e.g. Morrissey's Greatest Hits album that are shown. Any idea how I can get the right tracks to be shown? Thanks in advance...

Administrator

Re: Always same tracks shown for different albums with the same name....

You should have an 'Album Artist' set for each of these albums, in the ID Tags, for example your example set to Morrissey.

Thanks for the quick feedback. Unfortunately this didn't work. The albums where I changed/added the "Album Artist" are shown in the "new Albums" list, but still when clicking on them, the same album (still Morrissey's) is shown. Do I need to change anything in the tree settings?

Administrator

Try a rescan 'refresh all' in asset.

Hi Spoon,
    I tried several times (complete new start of Asset as well as "rescan all"). Additionally I have updated the actual files by changing the cover art that's embedded... No change in behaviour - unfortunately still showing the same songs (still Morrissey) for all Greatest Hits under the album view. It's correct when I play the album via the artist sorting.

Administrator

Do you have dBpoweramp on Windows installed?

No, I use Musicbee to organize my music (on a Windows 10 PC), and syncronize the data to my QNAP.

Administrator

It is worth while installing the Trial of dBpoweramp, then see what is written as the album artist, if your files are FLAC there exists no standard for tagging Album artist and many different implementations are used.

In the meantime I tried dBpoweramp, up- and down-graded my QNAP firmware and rescanned my database multiple times… The problem still exists with the T+A Control software I use at me iPad to Control the Musicplayer.
    Then I tried the VLC Player on the iPad accessing the Asset UPnP data… and everything look good and worked perfectly (I can't Control my T+A Music Player with it, but I can play on my iPad).

To cut a Long Story short: it seems to be a problem of the rather rudimental software that comes to control my high-end T+A Hardware... very disappointing…
    I wonder whether anyone here has experince with the Software used by Linn, Naim, Cambridge Audio, Yamaha, …. or others.

Administrator

Try installing Linn Kinsky (on iPad / iPhone), this will allow you to browse Asset using the tree Asset gives out.

Hi Spoon,
    Thanks for the recommendation. Linn Kinsky seems to work well with Asset, but unfortunately it doesn't recognise my T+A music player... I can't connect to the device... I tried other software like "mconnect player". Here both the connection to the asset database as well to the T+A seems to work. The downside is that some t+A specific functions like controlling the volume isn't implemented. All in all it seems as I have to live with the problems in the "album" view. Still a bit frustated that the T+A software somehow doesn't match the quality of the T+A hardware....