title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Album art fails for Pioneer AVIC car stereo

Album art fails for Pioneer AVIC car stereo

After improving album art in Perfect Tunes, the album art fails for Pioneer AVIC car stereo and a '?' is displayed instead of the image.

Is this a known problem? Can it be fixed in the Batch Converter?

Administrator

Re: Album art fails for Pioneer AVIC car stereo

Which audio format? it is possible the pioneer will not show art over a certain size (KB and pixel).

I use MP3, and I tried to reduce size using the options available in the Batch Processor. I have not seen anyone instance where the album art is displayed.
    Thanks!

Administrator

Compare the ID tag for album art, they are all set to 'front cover' including the files which work. What created the files which work?

>> Compare the ID tag for album art
    I checked one that do not work in Windows explorer, and it says: "Front Album Cover" (if I was able to read this correctly)

>> What created the files which work?
    BlueSound Vault
    http://www.bluesound.com/products/vault/

Album art shows correclty in my iPhone

Administrator

Can you upload 1 mp3 file which shows the cover art and one from CD Ripper, upload to dropbox and personal mail (on this forum) me the link please.

Administrator

Thanks for the files, both are correctly tagged, all I can see is the PerfectTUNES file is 1400x1400 and 150KB, whereas the other file is 400x400 and 35KB, but you have already said you tried the lower art size.

dBpoweramp Guru

What does Pioneer have to say about displaying album art on that device? FWIW, my high end Toyota system gets its art not from the files or tags stored with the music on my phone, but from Gracenotes, using up my phone's data in the process. The phone is connected to the radio with Bluetooth. Now, if I had the music app (Foobar or Poweramp) visible on the phone, I'd see my artwork there, but I have Waze open also for navigation, so the music metadata displays on the car display.

Unfortunately, many car "infotainment" systems are really poorly designed. Lacking features and not user friendly. If the car system manufacturers had gone the route of the phone manufacturers and let third parties develop "apps" for their systems, we wouldn't have this issue.