title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Uncompressed Hi-Res files & Replay Gain.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meerloo
    • Mar 2016

Uncompressed Hi-Res files & Replay Gain.

I was told yesterday by my dealer, that downloaded Hi-Res files from HDTracks and High Res Audio and others, are compressed. Is this true on all Hi-Res downloads?

My dealer played me a track from Abbey Road (The Beatles) that had compression, then he used dbpoweramp to uncompress the files. The uncompressed files sounded better.

My question is, with regards to DSP settings for uncompressed Hi-Res files, should the Replay Gain be set to Track Gain, Album Gain or Album & Track Gain?

Thanks
    Last edited by Meerloo; 09-08-2018, 03:06 PM.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Uncompressed Hi-Res files & Replay Gain.

Originally posted by Meerloo
    I was told yesterday by my dealer, that downloaded Hi-Res files from HDTracks and High Res Audio and others, are compressed. Is this true on all Hi-Res downloads?

My dealer played me a track from Abbey Road (The Beatles) that had compression, then he used dbpoweramp to uncompress the files. The uncompressed files sounded better.

My question is, with regards to DSP settings for uncompressed Hi-Res files, should the Replay Gain be set to Track Gain, Album Gain or Album & Track Gain?

Thanks
    Album and track gives you the most options. Just a tag, does not change underlying audio.

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Re: Uncompressed Hi-Res files & Replay Gain.

Originally posted by Meerloo

What file format? Who is the dealer? Is the dealer trying to sell you something?
      Last edited by mville; 09-08-2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>