title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

R16.5, mp3 id2v3 style to TIT1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

R16.5, mp3 id2v3 style to TIT1

With the new changes for style in R16.5, when converting flac to mp3 (id2v3), style is now written as a multi-value tag.

Is this by design, as it differs from the behaviour seen in R16.4?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: R16.5, mp3 id2v3 style to TIT1

This is correct, we cannot write to TIT1 by default as iTunes messes that one up for display on iPhones, if you want the old functionality it can be reverted in dBpoweramp Control Centre >> Codec Options and id3v2 tag options.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
      This is correct, we cannot write to TIT1 by default as iTunes messes that one up for display on iPhones, if you want the old functionality it can be reverted in dBpoweramp Control Centre >> Codec Options and id3v2 tag options.
      Sorry, which id3v2 tag option are you referring to, that will write the style tag as not multi-value?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Sorry I miss-understood the issue...I thought you were referring to the no longer mapping Style >> TIT1, but you have set the option to write TIT1 and you say that multiple styles are now written to TIT1?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Sorry I miss-understood the issue...I thought you were referring to the no longer mapping Style >> TIT1, but you have set the option to write TIT1 and you say that multiple styles are now written to TIT1?
          I am not interested in the new mapping feature, so I have left the ID3v2 Map TIT1 to Style at the default value i.e. No.

However in R16.5, when I convert a flac containing a multi-value style tag to mp3 id3v2.3, the style tag is now written as a multi-value tag, when before in R16.4, it was written as a single tag.

I would like to know whether this change is by design or an error?
          Last edited by mville; 09-08-2018, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

There seems nothing in the spec which prevents this, it was made incidentally when updating which tags can have multiples.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2008

There seems nothing in the spec which prevents this, it was made incidentally when updating which tags can have multiples.
              So to confirm, there is an inconsistency in dBpoweramp and id3v2.3 when handling multi-value tags. Some tags e.g. style, are written as multi-value, but others e.g. composer, are written as single?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Correct, specific tags are set as single value, such as composer.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2008

Correct, specific tags are set as single value, such as composer.
                  OK, thank you for the confirmation.

Comment

Working...

]]>