title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Not running

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gye
    • Aug 2018

Not running

Hello I purchased asset a few weeks ago and two weeks ago it just stopped running. Restarting both Windows 10 computer and Asset pnp has not changed this status, Any help appreciated Gye
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Not running

Originally posted by Gye
    Hello I purchased asset a few weeks ago and two weeks ago it just stopped running. Restarting both Windows 10 computer and Asset pnp has not changed this status
    Has Windows 10 performed any Windows Updates in the past two weeks? Which version of Asset UPnP are you using?

What is Asset Running Mode set to, in Asset UPnP Configuration?

In the Task manager >> Start-up tab, is there an instance of Asset-UPnP and is it enabled?

In the Task Manager >> Details tab, are there any instances of Asset-uPNP.exe?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

It is possibly easier to simple reinstall Asset, this will ensure it has not been removed by a Windows update.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gye
        • Aug 2018

A hearty thanks to both of you. I didn't want to reinstall as i couldn't find the registration details, but it worked well, thanks for taking time to reply, Gye

Comment

• Spyda
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by mville
          Has Windows 10 performed any Windows Updates in the past two weeks? Which version of Asset UPnP are you using?

In the Task manager >> Start-up tab, is there an instance of Asset-UPnP and is it enabled?

Hi mville, I am having the same problem with Asset closing down, but pretty well every night. Would appreciate some help.
          Answers to the above questions are:

- Windows 10 is set to auto update, however this won't happen every night

- Local Account

- Yes

- Yes, presently 2

p.s. running version 6.1 of Asset uPnP

Many thanks
          Kevin

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Spyda
            I am having the same problem with Asset closing down, but pretty well every night. Would appreciate some help.
            What makes you think Asset UPnP is closing down every night i.e. exactly what symptoms do you experience, that lead you to believe this?

Comment

• Spyda
              • Dec 2015

Originally posted by mville
              What makes you think Asset UPnP is closing down every night i.e. exactly what symptoms do you experience, that lead you to believe this?
              My Cyrus sudio streamer says, "Cannot browse server."
              When I open Asset on my PC it is in state `Not Running'.
              Clicking RESTART reactivates Asset and my Cyrus then can browse and play.
              Thanks
              p.s. not quite every night, e.g. this morning it was still running

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Switch Asset to the other running mode (service).
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spyda
                  • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
                  Switch Asset to the other running mode (service).
                  Thanks Spoon, have made that change - will see how it goes for a week and will let you know.
                  Really appreciate the fast and capable responses via the Forum
                  Cheers, Kevin

Comment

Working...

]]>