title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Not running

Not running

Hello I purchased asset a few weeks ago and two weeks ago it just stopped running. Restarting both Windows 10 computer and Asset pnp has not changed this status, Any help appreciated Gye

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Not running

Quote Originally Posted by Gye View Post
    Hello I purchased asset a few weeks ago and two weeks ago it just stopped running. Restarting both Windows 10 computer and Asset pnp has not changed this status
    Has Windows 10 performed any Windows Updates in the past two weeks? Which version of Asset UPnP are you using?

What is Asset Running Mode set to, in Asset UPnP Configuration?

In the Task manager >> Start-up tab, is there an instance of Asset-UPnP and is it enabled?

In the Task Manager >> Details tab, are there any instances of Asset-uPNP.exe?

Administrator

It is possibly easier to simple reinstall Asset, this will ensure it has not been removed by a Windows update.

A hearty thanks to both of you. I didn't want to reinstall as i couldn't find the registration details, but it worked well, thanks for taking time to reply, Gye

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Has Windows 10 performed any Windows Updates in the past two weeks? Which version of Asset UPnP are you using?

In the Task manager >> Start-up tab, is there an instance of Asset-UPnP and is it enabled?

Hi mville, I am having the same problem with Asset closing down, but pretty well every night. Would appreciate some help.
    Answers to the above questions are:

- Windows 10 is set to auto update, however this won't happen every night

- Local Account

- Yes

- Yes, presently 2

p.s. running version 6.1 of Asset uPnP

Many thanks
    Kevin

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spyda View Post
    I am having the same problem with Asset closing down, but pretty well every night. Would appreciate some help.
    What makes you think Asset UPnP is closing down every night i.e. exactly what symptoms do you experience, that lead you to believe this?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    What makes you think Asset UPnP is closing down every night i.e. exactly what symptoms do you experience, that lead you to believe this?
    My Cyrus sudio streamer says, "Cannot browse server."
    When I open Asset on my PC it is in state `Not Running'.
    Clicking RESTART reactivates Asset and my Cyrus then can browse and play.
    Thanks
    p.s. not quite every night, e.g. this morning it was still running

Administrator

Switch Asset to the other running mode (service).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Switch Asset to the other running mode (service).
    Thanks Spoon, have made that change - will see how it goes for a week and will let you know.
    Really appreciate the fast and capable responses via the Forum
    Cheers, Kevin