title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Windows Corrupting MP3 ID Tags!

Angry Windows Corrupting MP3 ID Tags!

SETTING:
    OS is Windows 10 x64
    with Purchased dBpoweramp 16.4 software

SYNOPSIS:
    After editing a mp3 file properties in Windows Explorer to include additional information that the CD Ripper will not add; Author URL, the ID Tag information becomes corrupted.

I do not have any other utilities to use that can accomplish editing file properties w/o killing the ID tag information. I have to re-rip the music file to restore the proper ID tag information.

So, is anybody else experiencing this?

I effectively cannot edit file properties via Windows Explorer on mp3 files without sacrificing the integrity of their ID tag information. I am looking into alternatives such as a 3rd-party utility like MediaMonkey. I've noticed that paid version has very similar functionality to dBpoweramp. If it can write to file properties that dBpoweramp can't, that might be my solution. However, I do not want to buy another media ripping program if others are experiencing this problem and have found a solution to it.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Windows Corrupting MP3 ID Tags!

mp3tag can add edit almost anything related to tags. I use it for some tag fine tuning.
    https://www.mp3tag.de/en/dodownload.html

however, Im surprised you cant do what you want post ripping with dbpas own ID tag editing software. Right click in a file or batch of files. Do you see the ID tag processing menu item. Have you tried that. I would NEVER use windows explorer for tag editing.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by M W View Post
    After editing a mp3 file properties in Windows Explorer to include additional information that the CD Ripper will not add; Author URL, the ID Tag information becomes corrupted.
    Please can you clarify what you mean by the ID Tag information becomes corrupted?

Also, in CD Ripper you can add the Author URL manually, just as you are having to add it manually, in Windows Explorer.

Administrator

If you right click on an Mp3 file >> and add something to Author URL under the details tab, it is NOT dBpoweramp which is writing the tags here, rather it is Windows...