title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Malfunctions with Asset UPnP v6.1 on new QNAP server

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Malfunctions with Asset UPnP v6.1 on new QNAP server

I have just set up a new QNAP (TS-453BE) server to support my music library. I transferred all my files from my old server using File Station and then installed Asset v6.1. I also created a network disk designation for the music folder to facilitate working with the files. After I scanned the library, it seemed as if everything synced and operated perfectly. However, I am now finding that while artwork appears for most -- but not all -- of the albums, there are significant issues with the library. When I touch the art work, in many cases Asset displays “no results” despite files being present on the server. In other cases, album and tracks seem mis-sorted. I have done multiple rescans of the entire library without resolution. Can you help?

Thanks

Aaron

Super Moderator

Re: Malfunctions with Asset UPnP v6.1 on new QNAP server

Thanks for your feedback.
    Please export a configuration snapshot and email it to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis. Please mention specific examples of albums for me to look at, where each of the symptoms (missing artwork, missing tracks, wrong order) can be seen.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Peter: I think I solved the problem: I saw another post from a member who complained of a similar problem for which Spoon suggested upgrading to version 6.2, beta 7. I downloaded and installed the newer version and after a rescan (or two) things seem much better. If I have problems with the new version, may I send you a configuration snapshot at that time (BTW, do you need the long or short version)?

Thanks again.

Aaron

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoke too soon. Despite a rescan after working on the music folder, problems have recurred. I just sent you an email with the "normal" config dump file. I really appreciate your help.

Aaron