title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Profiles change every time something is changed. Feature Request

Profiles change every time something is changed. Feature Request

Hello I've just purchased your produkt "Image Converter".

It's a great tool, but the profile implementation is not optimal for me.

You can save a profile (for example jpg quality3 with scaling to a specific range) but every time you change something for example quality 3 to 4, it is saved and next time I use the converter, it's started with quality 4 instead of 3.

I hope you can understand what I had expected. Set a profile and if you use this profile for a single process then any changes are only for this specific converting process. Next time the profile is with the original start settings.
    Last edited by CCC1; 08-26-2018 at 01:11 AM.

Administrator

Re: Profiles change every time something is changed. Feature Request

If you enable profiles (Control Centre >> Advanced Settings >> Enable Profiles in Converter) then create just a unique profile called jpeg quality 3 and never change the settings for it once created.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If you enable profiles (Control Centre >> Advanced Settings >> Enable Profiles in Converter) then create just a unique profile called jpeg quality 3 and never change the settings for it once created.
    That's no solution for me. I've enabled profiles and created one but when I need one little change, then I must next time remember to set the changes back. That's quite uncomfortable. Please implement a real Profile Management, thats not affected by changes on only one process.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CCC1 View Post
    That's no solution for me. I've enabled profiles and created one but when I need one little change, then I must next time remember to set the changes back. That's quite uncomfortable. Please implement a real Profile Management, thats not affected by changes on only one process.
    In the profile management system you want, how would a user edit an existing profile, if the changes aren't saved?

I expect what you need to do is create a new profile based on the existing profile and make the changes in the new profile.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CCC1 View Post
    Set a profile and if you use this profile for a single process then any changes are only for this specific converting process. Next time the profile is with the original start settings.
    Perhaps an option for displaying a dialog asking if profile changes should be saved would be useful. Dialog options would be to not save changes, overwrite the existing profile, or create a new one. Choosing which would be the default option, while perhaps somewhat dangerous, might be made possible.

Without opting for the dialog, the current behavior would apply.
    Last edited by Jailhouse; 08-27-2018 at 03:21 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    Perhaps an option for displaying a dialog asking if profile changes should be saved would be useful.
    I agree.