title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: scanning problem

scanning problem

I'm running Assett on a qnap TS-251, I have a music folder being watched for changes but it doesn't seem to be finding and updating all tracks I have confirmed tracks that are missing do exist in the folder on the drive but Asset seems to be ignoring them?

Re: scanning problem

Quick update on this the tracks that are missing are actually being found, if i search for the track it comes up in search results and has the correct album cover but if i search for the artist or album and then select the album the track is not there. It's as if there is something wrong with the file structure but the album or tracks are saved in the same way as all other albums.

dBpoweramp Guru

Are the artist and/or album tags consistent across all tracks in the album(s)?

I'll double check, my client uses the same software to rip his cd's so i don't see why they would be any different

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BLogan View Post
    I'll double check, my client uses the same software to rip his cd's so i don't see why they would be any different
    Because and I'm guessing, your client does not have the same audio library as you? Asset uses the audio file metadata tags to build it's library. If the tags are not consistent for an album, you will get unexpected results.