title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Please enter PIN code

Please enter PIN code

I have Version: Asset UPNP version R5.1.1; Functionality: Premium Registered running on my QNAP TS-451 its used to run fine but now if i tr to configure or rescan i get a PIN code request. Ive never set one up and dodnt know what it is or why this has started doing this. can anyone help pls?

Super Moderator

Re: Please enter PIN code

Asset's web interface is accessible to anyone connected to your local network. The PIN feature exists to prevent unauthorized configuration changes, in case you do not trust some of the devices connected to your local network. Someone certainly did change the configuration - and set their own PIN.
    This could be - for an example - your neighbour's idea of telling you that your wifi is insecure.

An uninstall/reinstall cycle of Asset will erase the PIN - along with any other changes to the configuration that did not come from you.
    If you really really do not want to reinstall - and have basic Linux skills, log into your NAS with SSH, locate Asset install location, find PIN.txt in a subfolder inside and delete it.

Addendum
    In SSH:
    find / -type d | fgrep uMediaLibrary
    .. will locate your Asset data folder on any QNAP, if you're not sure where to look. Then:
    cd <folder path shown by the above>
    rm PIN.txt
    Last edited by PeterP; 08-23-2018 at 05:42 AM.