title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: No meta data after upgrade to CD Ripper 16.4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No meta data after upgrade to CD Ripper 16.4

I had no problems with meta data extraction while using the old version (15.3) for a number of years. A few weeks ago I decided to upgrade to the latest version and no matter what I do I am not getting any meta data. I am running Win 10 version 1803 (up to date) and in order to be able to rip a CD I have to disable controlled folder access int the Virus Protection (part of the built in security). Everything is looking fine wile ripping. I am even able to play the music on my PC but no meta data. Is there something trivial that I am missing? I did not mention that I also migrated (imaged) the old HDD to the new SSD including the dbpoweramp.

Administrator

Re: No meta data after upgrade to CD Ripper 16.4

It is likely your security software is blocking access to the Internet for the new version.

I have no other security software but what comes standard with Win 10. If that software is blocking the internet access, all Win 10 users would have the same problem. I am also currently using a trial version of Roon right now and I am getting all the additional meta data info about my existing music collection from the internet without any interruption.
    I am suspecting that I messed some of the setting(s).

Administrator

I would recommend clearing all settings:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

Then re-install the registered version from:

https://secure.dbpoweramp.com/getorder.aspx

Thank you! Will do once back from work and will report back.

I have meta data and album art on both MP3 and Wave versions but still nothing on the Flac files. I must be doing something wrong but have no clue what that may be.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Grass Valley / Nevada City, California USA

Hi Spoon....

The first link above was truncated, i.e. missing some of the text. Can you somehow post the full text of that link? I appears from what you said preceding it that it will remove (clear) ALL settings, which in light of the issues involved with FLAC 1.3.2, sounds like a good idea.

Is there a difference between the second link and any other "normal" way to obtain a fresh version of a registered download?

I ask these questions because I want to "downgrade" our machines to v.16.2 with FLAC 1.3.1 codec and do it right, just to ensure no issues with versions using FLAC 1.3.2 on systems.

Thanks...

Dennis, aka "d2b"

dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Grass Valley / Nevada City, California USA

I'm not sure how my last post above ended up at this point in this thread. I thought I was replying to a post by Spoon that said this:

Quote:

Spoon:

I would recommend clearing all settings:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

Then re-install the registered version from:

https://secure.dbpoweramp.com/getorder.aspx

/Quote