title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No meta data after upgrade to CD Ripper 16.4

No meta data after upgrade to CD Ripper 16.4

I had no problems with meta data extraction while using the old version (15.3) for a number of years. A few weeks ago I decided to upgrade to the latest version and no matter what I do I am not getting any meta data. I am running Win 10 version 1803 (up to date) and in order to be able to rip a CD I have to disable controlled folder access int the Virus Protection (part of the built in security). Everything is looking fine wile ripping. I am even able to play the music on my PC but no meta data. Is there something trivial that I am missing? I did not mention that I also migrated (imaged) the old HDD to the new SSD including the dbpoweramp.

Administrator

Re: No meta data after upgrade to CD Ripper 16.4

It is likely your security software is blocking access to the Internet for the new version.

I have no other security software but what comes standard with Win 10. If that software is blocking the internet access, all Win 10 users would have the same problem. I am also currently using a trial version of Roon right now and I am getting all the additional meta data info about my existing music collection from the internet without any interruption.
    I am suspecting that I messed some of the setting(s).

Administrator

I would recommend clearing all settings:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

Then re-install the registered version from:

https://secure.dbpoweramp.com/getorder.aspx

Thank you! Will do once back from work and will report back.

I have meta data and album art on both MP3 and Wave versions but still nothing on the Flac files. I must be doing something wrong but have no clue what that may be.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ivavcr View Post
    I have meta data and album art on both MP3 and Wave versions but still nothing on the Flac files. I must be doing something wrong but have no clue what that may be.
    This thread is a little confused. Metadata retrieved in CD Ripper is not file format specific, so if you are referring to no metadata in your ripped flac files, please confirm this or even better, post screenshots to help describe the problem you are having.

Yes, I am referring to no metadata in my ripped flac files. When I look in the Properties>ID Tag on the very top it says Editing:\Music\Steve Tibbetts\Life Of\06 Steve Tibbets-Life Of Joel.flac and nothing else. That is the single line on the very top of the ID Tag information field and there is nothing in the usual fields showing Artist, Album Title, Year, Genre...
    Both ripped MP3 and Wave files have the usual ID Tags and album art shown. I hope that this description is clear.

dBpoweramp Guru

Check the dBpoweramp Control Center >> Configuration Advanced Settings. Perhaps you have excluded flac files from the Thumbnail and Property Handler option.

In Windows File Explorer, right-click on a flac file and select Edit ID-Tag. Are all the tags blank in the dBpoweramp:Edit ID-Tag window?

I added FLAC to Thumbnail and Property Handler option (it was not on the list). I re ripped the CD and no change. All the tags are blank in the dBpoweramp:Edit ID-Tag window. The only information given is
    that single line on the top Editing:\Music\Steve Tibbetts\Life Of\06 Steve Tibbets-Life Of... having specific trak and name of the song but none of the subsequent fields is populated.

Administrator

Try adding your own metadata to a flac file, right click on it >> edit id tags, then look again.

dBpoweramp Guru

I added FLAC to Thumbnail and Property Handler option (it was not on the list).
    That is an exclusion list, so you have excluded flac files.

I re ripped the CD and no change. All the tags are blank in the dBpoweramp:Edit ID-Tag window. The only information given is that single line on the top Editing:\Music\Steve Tibbetts\Life Of\06 Steve Tibbets-Life Of... having specific trak and name of the song but none of the subsequent fields is populated.
    Are the tags populated in CD Ripper, prior to ripping?

Yes, the tags are populated in CD Ripper prior to ripping. I have track number, song title, artist, duration and estimated size.
    I was not aware it is an exclusion list. I will remove flac files from the list.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to help me!
    "Try adding your own metadata to a flac file, right click on it >> edit id tags, then look again. " I did but nothing has changed.

Administrator

Try converting a FLAC file to wave, right click on flac >> convert to >> wav

does the conversion create the wave file?

Yes the conversion creates the wave file but something is clearly wrong. The original flac file is 42.5kb and the converted wave file is 204 bytes only. The metadata on the newly created wave is the same as the flac i.e. non existent.