title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset 6.1 stability

Asset 6.1 stability

Hi,

I have been suffering severe stability issues with Asset 6.1 installed on a Windows Home Server 2011 machine and also on a Windows 10 machine on a completely separate network.
    Both installations were installed to replace from a previous revision (5.something) by uninstalling and re-installing but the instances both disappear many times an hour. Sometimes streaming can continue, but adding other tracks to the playlist is not possible, and other times streaming cuts out completely.
    Is there a way to do a full clear of all data associated with Asset? Each time I have tried re-installing the library information has persisted.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best,

D

Administrator

Re: Asset 6.1 stability

It is possible that the network is the cause of this issue, not asset. Has the router changed? have you tried restarting the router?

Hi Spoon,

I do not believe it is the router, as there have been no changes to that, also the two instances are on completely separate networks. Restarting Asset usually brings it back for a while, but doesn't fix it completely. I'd like to try a full clear of the existing installation and try installing it again, but there are some files, or registry entries that are persisting after running the uninstall option from Windows.

Thanks,

D

dBpoweramp Guru

Routers' firmware can misbehave/crash internally, just like any other computer.

As Spoon advises, it may be worth restarting the router, before continuing with your troubleshooting.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Photoman1 View Post
    I'd like to try a full clear of the existing installation and try installing it again, but there are some files, or registry entries that are persisting after running the uninstall option from Windows.
    Asset stores it's (library) files in a folder named uMediaLibrary. However, the location of this folder varies depending on the installed OS and the Asset Running Mode (local account or service).

For example, if a user is running Asset UPnP R6.1 on a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit PC, with the Asset Running Mode set to local account, then the library files are found here: %appdata%\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary

… and if the Asset Running Mode is set to service, then the library files are found here:
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\R oaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary
    Last edited by mville; 08-14-2018 at 06:19 AM.