title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Naming convention, what has gone wrong ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnly
    • Dec 2013

Naming convention, what has gone wrong ?

Hi all, after a recent computer disaster (motherboard died) I had to revert to a laptop that we have (not new but newer than the departed PC). I reinstalled dB version 14 and set up naming convention of \\[album artist]\[album]\[track]-[title] as it was previously. I ripped a copy of Nick Drake, Bryter Later and Nick Drake appeared in the artist list in my QNAP nas. However, when opening up the artist folder, instead of giving the album title, it says Nick Drake.
    Can anyone please advise what I'm doing wrong.
    Many thanks
    John
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Naming convention, what has gone wrong ?

You can browse the nas using windows file explorer to see the layout, if the files are in the correct location.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Johnly
      Hi all, after a recent computer disaster (motherboard died) I had to revert to a laptop that we have (not new but newer than the departed PC). I reinstalled dB version 14 and set up naming convention of \\[album artist]\[album]\[track]-[title] as it was previously. I ripped a copy of Nick Drake, Bryter Later and Nick Drake appeared in the artist list in my QNAP nas. However, when opening up the artist folder, instead of giving the album title, it says Nick Drake.
      Can anyone please advise what I'm doing wrong.
      Many thanks
      John
      have you looked at the tags of that album to make sure the album name didn't somehow end up being given the value "Nick Drake".

Comment

• Johnly
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
        You can browse the nas using windows file explorer to see the layout, if the files are in the correct location.
        Hi Spoon, thanks for your reply. The artist file 'Nick Drake' is where I would expect it NAS shows artists in alphabetical order. It's when I open the artist folder when it should say 'Bryter Later', it just says Nick Drake again (tracks are there). The naming convention is what I've used before so I cannot understand why this is happening. Thanks, John

Comment

• Johnly
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by garym
          have you looked at the tags of that album to make sure the album name didn't somehow end up being given the value "Nick Drake".
          Hi Gary, according to the id tag info, the album is Bryter Later. May it be something in the initial set up that I've got wrong ?.thanks, John.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Hi Gary, according to the id tag info, the album is Bryter Later. May it be something in the initial set up that I've got wrong ?.thanks, John.
            copy and paste your exact naming string into a post here. thanks.

Comment

• Johnly
              • Dec 2013

Hi Gary, as requested

\\[album artist]\[album]\[title]-[track]

A thought occurs, could this be a Twonky issue ?. May Asset sort this ?

Many thanks

John

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

as requested

In CD Ripper, the default Naming string is:
                [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title]

Your naming string is very basic and also begins with 2 backslash characters (\\). I would consider using the default or revising your naming string.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

If using UPNP then the filename is not used normally for browsing, Asset might help.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Hi Gary, as requested

Many thanks

John
                    Perhaps I misunderstand. It's not clear to me why music server matters at all here. I thought that when you look at the folders in say, windows explorer, that the album folder underneath artist folder has the wrong name.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

I suspect the browsing is done in the UPnP control point, not Windows explorer.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>