title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dbpoweramp CD Ripper no Longer retrieves meta data and hangs when I try.

dbpoweramp CD Ripper no Longer retrieves meta data and hangs when I try.

I have been using dbPoweramp CD Ripper for quite a few years now with few problems until recently. I am running Windows 10 and have been for over 12 months.
    Without anything really changing, the software no longer works as it should with the following issues.

1. When I insert a CD it reads the tracks and even recoginizes its in AccurateRip - however it does not retrieve meta data like it used to.
    2. If I hit the Meta Data button the egg timer comes up and then "not responding" - the only thing to do is close the program from within Windows (ie task manager).
    3. If I simply hit the RIP button, i get a message saying "retrieving meta data" but this doesn't work and the program once again hangs.

I've tried totally uninstalling the software from the PC and reinstalling a freshly downloaded registered version, but the same symptoms recur.
    I've also tried running the software in Windows 7 compatibility mode to no avail - same issues.
    I've also disabled my security software (Trend Micro) but the same things continue.
    I've searched the forum but not found quite the same problem - similar but usually different.

Can you please offer a solution
    Many thanks
    Des

Administrator

Re: dbpoweramp CD Ripper no Longer retrieves meta data and hangs when I try.

Re: dbpoweramp CD Ripper no Longer retrieves meta data and hangs when I try.

Thank you Spoon

It would appear that was my problem.
    All appears to be working as expected now that I've disable AMG.

Many thanks for your support
    Regards
    Des Phillips (Australia)