title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unable to load encoder Audio CD error message

Unable to load encoder Audio CD error message

I have been using R16.4 and earlier version for several years without any problem. I am running Win 7. In the last few weeks I get the error message in the title line for every track. Anyone have a similar experience or an idea on how to fix? I have rebooted and have not made any recent hardware changes. I downloaded the program again and installed over but no change. I did not do a complete remove and install yet.

Administrator

Re: Unable to load encoder Audio CD error message

Which encoder are you using?

What security software do you have?

currently not running security software other than the Microsoft defender. Ran Bitdefender last year but did not seem to affect dbpoweramp. I looked at the encoder settings and it came back blank. Don't know how that happened. Should I do a complete uninstall of the software and reinstall?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post
    I looked at the encoder settings and it came back blank. Don't know how that happened.
    Please can you post a screenshot, to help describe what you are seeing?

Administrator

Reinstall would be good, but normally if the settings page is not present then something is blocking the encoder from loading and it is always security software, look at programs and features and check every item in the list.

OK - tried to reinstall and still didn't work. I was running bitdefender but license expired back in May and have not loaded new version until this is fixed. Uninstalled bitdefender virus and agent. I did find old versions of dbpoweramp and unistalled them too. Still none of this works.

Here is the error message I get for all tracks:
    Error ripping to Audio CD, 'Track 1' to 'D:\My Documents\My Music FLAC\Willie Nile\House Of A Thousand Guitars\01 Willie Nile - House Of A Thousand Guitars'
    Error: Unable to load encoder 'Audio CD'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]

Here is a screenshot of encoder:
    db poweramp encoder.jpg

Sorry for being such a dingledorf but don't know what else to do. The program has worked perfectly until a few weeks ago and I haven't changed any hardware or major software. Not sure what to check per your message above.

Administrator

Your 'Rip To' is set to 'Audio CD' this is not an encoder CD ripper can write to, you need to select FLAC as the encoder.

Thanks much - I don't know how that setting changed but I appreciate the persistent assistance. I tested on that Willie Nile disc and it ripped it in two minutes
    LJ