title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DSP settings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meerloo
    • Mar 2016

DSP settings

I have read the instructions on dbpoweramp CD ripper, but a little unsure of the best DSP setting for my 24 bit streamer. Originally, I did not have any DSP settings, but after reading the instructions again, I decided to change the settings to HDCD, and ticked the +6db Amplification box. Should I have ticked that box?

My music streamer is a BlueSound Node 2, which supports 24 bit. In the future I intend to purchase a higher spec streamer, a Naim NDX 2, also able to play 24 bit.

Please could someone tell me the optimum DSP setting for a music streamer that supports 24 bit.

Thanks guys.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: DSP settings

Do you have any HDCDs? Does the streamer have the HDCD codec onboard i.e. can it decode HDCDs?

Comment

• Meerloo
      • Mar 2016

Thank you for your reply...

I have only a couple of SACDs, is that classed as HDCD? If not, then the answer is no. My current streamer supports 24 bit, which is what I thought HDCD required.

If I have set the DSP incorrectly, please could you tell me the optimum DSP setting for 16 bit 44100 Hz CDs.

I have reposted this thread on the CD Ripper forum, which I think is the correct place for it.

Thanks
      Last edited by Meerloo; 07-31-2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Remove the HDCD DSP as you don't need it.

What format are you ripping to?

I would consider adding the ReplayGain DSP (not the ReplayGain (Apply) DSP).

Comment

• Meerloo
          • Mar 2016

Thank you mville.

I am ripping to uncompressed FLAC.

I ripped about 15 CDs with the HDCD DSP, should I re rip them with the ReplayGain DSP?

Thanks

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Meerloo
            I am ripping to uncompressed FLAC.

I ripped about 15 CDs with the HDCD DSP, should I re rip them with the ReplayGain DSP?
            Yes, with the ReplayGain DSP, but without the HDCD DSP.

Comment

• Meerloo
              • Mar 2016

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...

]]>