title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SD-card vs. SD-card (help?)

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: SD-card vs. SD-card (help?)

Hi Gary,

Thanks a lot.

Yes, that is the manual PDF which Sony linked me to in their most recent reply - and totally contradicts the fact that I was told you can insert any Windows formatted SD-card into the player, and the player will automatically read it; which is why I flipped out on the guy the second time I spoke to him.

I tried the reformatting procedure (as suggested by Schmidj) yesterday with an 8GB 'Kingston' SD-card. Whether or not these are any good is not something I have really considered as it only had some photos and Word documents from old; so nothing important as such. But anyway, the Kingston did not work in the Sony despite me following all of the steps. I bought it in 2012 so maybe it's classed as 'dated' in terms of it's functionally?

Cheers,

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-02-2018 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: SD-card vs. SD-card (help?)

Paul,
    When you said the Kingston SD did not work in the Sony, did you get an error message when trying to format it? If not, did you insert the card in your PC and use File Explorer to determine if the original contents still existed or if something new had been added to the card? It seems odd that the format would have problems with an 8GB card from 2012, unless the adapter has a write protect switch/lock and it is on. I hope you have better luck with the new card you've ordered.

Gary

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: SD-card vs. SD-card (help?)

Hi GaryG,

Thanks a lot.

Well, there was definitely no data on the Kingston SD-card after it was formatted. In fact I performed 'thorough' format rather than 'fast'; it took 3 hours! I tried copying some FLACs onto it but when I tried to select either GENRE, ARTIST or ALBUM on the Sony Walkman, it kept saying: 'Folder not available"? So the ERROR message was after it was formatted and from within the Walkman itself.

Anyway, things have moved on a bit since then. Needless to say, I waited in purposely for two agents to call me between 2pm and 4pm today only to be let down! I was furious with them and now a case has been opened against the two agents. Where that will get me is anyone's guess, but my comments did seem to be taken very seriously here. I may paste one of my messages here later just for laughs.

The SanDisk arrived this morning from Amazon and so I formatted it inside the Sony Walkman. The rep I spoke to at 5pm today (their call centers are based in Egypt!) said I need to d/l the Sony Music App. with which you are supposed to use to transfer music files from you PC to the Walkman. I opened it but it just looks like it's full of bloatware crap so I have uninstalled it. People on forums confirm it is cumbersome and pointless, and that they chose not to use it. Most agree that it is 'optional'. I have just copied all of my FLACs across using 'Beyond Compare' s/w. In this day and age of drag&drop, you should not have to use a propriety s/w just to transfer your music files over, in my opinion - some may disagree. Anyway, using 'Beyond Compare' it took 2 hours to copy circa 150GB of FLACs from my C-drive to the Walkman.

I ran a PerfTunes scan on the new SanDisk inside the Walkman and it came up with the expected amount of alerts (ie. equal to the amount on my back-up drives) which is: "31 albums have ripping errors." But one album appeared in a category of it's own: "1 track corrupted.":

Cheers,

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-03-2018 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Link

dBpoweramp Guru

Angry Re: SD-card vs. SD-card (help?)

Dear Sirs/(agents name),

Thank you very much indeed for completely wasting my whole afternoon by breaking your appointment callback. I really appreciate that, having sat waiting almost 3 hours.

For your information, I purchased a brand new SD card - as you instructed - and also paid Amazon an extra £4.95 to have it couriered 48 hours express delivery, so that I would have it guaranteed this morning ready for your callback. So thanks again for also wasting my money also!

For your information, I shall be filing a formal- complaint about this lack of service, and also the fact that you have been completely unprofessional here!

Please do not contact me now as I shall be raising the situation, in writing, to your Management Team.

To say that I have now spent over £250 on two Sony products within the past fortnight, I feel deeply insulted that you choose to disrespect your loyal customers in this manner. In short, I find it utterly disgraceful on your part.

Thank you.

(my name)
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-03-2018 at 06:37 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: SD-card vs. SD-card (help?)

... I was informed that it is only possible to contact Sony via phone, and via their call center in Egypt; and that no office (ie. stone building) for Sony (ie. Customer Relations Team) exists here in Europe.