title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch Rip Freeze with Nimbie

Batch Rip Freeze with Nimbie

Set up a Nimbie 21 and all the appropriate files. Running Windows 10. Run Batch ripper and it rips 7 or so tracks and froze. Tried another disk ran though 10 tracks and froze going to second record.
    I attached a log file (Bug File?) for one and a screenshot from task manger. Task Manager shows 3 tasks 2 suspended and besides Batch Ripper, CD ripper.
    I'm not sure what is going on. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything. Also a bit confused with the installation software is the Nimbie QQ software even needed?
    Does CD ripper run with Batch ripper ? Pretty sure I have all the updates in Place. not so sure about configuration
    I tried adding one CD and running it in CD ripper and it did not work, didn't see the disc
    So I put in a small batch of CD's Batch Ripper and it Froze again, but I opened CD ripper read the data it ripped and all nine tracks without a problem.
    Any help appreciated.
    thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Batch Rip Freeze with Nimbie

GetPopupInfo is the other task running when Batch Ripper freezes. Could this be a possible cause of the problem ?

Administrator

You do not need qq software, only the drivers so the nimbie appears in device manager.

Try manually loading and using CD ripper, until CD ripper is working reliably I would not try batch ripper.

With CD ripper Nimbie keeps asking to insert a CD when there is a CD inserted.(Status Ready) I opened QQripper and it sees and loads the CD. I then went to CD Ripper and was able to rip the CDs.
    I used CD ripper on my PC Drive with no problem.
    The CD Ripper has a problem with Disc Loading not seeing the CD, I then opened QQ ripper which saw and loaded the CD Then went back to CD ripper and ripped the CD.
    The problem I have with the Batch Ripper is it loads but freezes after ripping some of the tracks. This happens with different discs.
    I just ran Batch ripper and it froze on the seventh track. I then opened CD Ripper and was able to rip the album without a problem (although it did not eject into the tray.)
    Not sure if this mechanical , the software, the user(me) or a combination of the three. Thanks for the help. Peter
    Last edited by pjm1128; 07-29-2018 at 11:01 AM.

After a lot of troubleshooting and assistance from Calvin at Acronova . Found the problem was caused by Accuraterip. In CD ripper options we unchecked
    the box with query ripping results with Accuraterip. This fixed the batch ripping problem but not sure if it impacts anything else.

Administrator

You only lose AccurateRip, however if you re-enable it and manually load CDs and make sure the correct CD drive is selected in CD ripper you should be able to configure it then Batch Ripper will use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You only lose AccurateRip, however if you re-enable it and manually load CDs and make sure the correct CD drive is selected in CD ripper you should be able to configure it then Batch Ripper will use it.
    Hi I thought I had it configured correctly on both my PC and Nimbie Drive. For CD ripper. what happened was with the batch ripper it would rip 7 tracks then freeze. Using different CD's. I did the configure the drives for CD Ripper and did not seem to have a problem. I might give it another try but for now I'm just happy to be able to to do the batch ripping. thanks

Spoon wanted to say thanks again for clearing up my understanding of making sure both CD drives are configured. I checked my PC drive and made sure it was pointing to the Nimbie. I then rechecked the Box for query ripping results and everything is working fine.