title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tagging - STYLES within CLASSICAL GENRE (help?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monsterjazzlick
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jul 2017

Re: want to obtain False UK documents online? Real Documents webstore

Hi,

Is there a SPAM NOTIFICATION function, please?

Thanks,

Paul

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by monsterjazzlick
      Hi,

Is there a SPAM NOTIFICATION function, please?

Thanks,

Paul
      Yes, lower left side underneath poster's name there is a small black triangle with an ! inside. Click on this to report a post.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jul 2017

Originally posted by garym
        Yes, lower left side underneath poster's name there is a small black triangle with an ! inside. Click on this to report a post.
        Great. I have reported the spammer now!

Comment

• RMJFlack
          • Feb 2013

Ive been wondering about some of this stuff too.
          Is STYLE recognised by all players? And I guess that has two aspects ... is it displayed as part of the song info, and is it searchable in smart playlists etc.

This thread is timely as I was thinking I should probably review the tags I have (mostly as set by the ripping dbp when ripping).

If STYLE is generally recognised then Id stick to a small set of GENRES, possibly even just one, presumably classical.
          (Although 'Classical' is really a PERIOD or STYLE not a GENRE IMHO!).

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by RMJFlack
            Is STYLE recognised by all players?
            No.

... is it displayed as part of the song info, and is it searchable in smart playlists etc.
            That will depend on the player.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Jul 2017

If STYLE is generally recognised then Id stick to a small set of GENRES, possibly even just one, presumably classical. (Although 'Classical' is really a PERIOD or STYLE not a GENRE IMHO!).
              Hi RMJ,

I have 12 GENRES to date. I don't seem to be able to whittle it down to anything less; though I am happy with this carefully selected amount.

Yes, 'classical' is a PERIOD (like 'Romantic') but in my opinion it is also a STYLE. In any event, I use it as a GENRE.

Cheers.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Jul 2017

Is STYLE recognised by all players? And I guess that has two aspects ... is it displayed as part of the song info, and is it searchable in smart playlists etc.
                If I key in a STYLE in the foobar 'search' it calls up all CDs in that category. However, it will also call up other CDs with similar wording in that field. eg. If you search for 'Romantic' it will also bring up 'Neoromantic', but I can live with that!
                Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 11-08-2018, 04:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• DeleterMann
                  • Jul 2019

Re: Tagging - STYLES within CLASSICAL GENRE (help?)

Hi guys.
                  In case my 2 cents worth be useful i have classified in itunes my GENRE into this
                  sonata, piano sonata,violin sonata, trio sonata, quartet, chamber, cantata, secular cantata, vocal, concerto, symphonies, rondo, essay, etc etc... it helps when I want to sort out group of music.
                  Hope this is helpful in some sort.
                  DeleterMann

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Jul 2017

Re: Tagging - STYLES within CLASSICAL GENRE (help?)

Originally posted by DeleterMann
                    Hi guys.
                    In case my 2 cents worth be useful i have classified in itunes my GENRE into this
                    sonata, piano sonata,violin sonata, trio sonata, quartet, chamber, cantata, secular cantata, vocal, concerto, symphonies, rondo, essay, etc etc... it helps when I want to sort out group of music.
                    Hope this is helpful in some sort.
                    DeleterMann
                    Hi DeleterMann,

If that works for you then that's great!

But personally, I perceive the terminologies: sonata, rondo, essay, etc as being directly related to FORM (eg. 'AABA'). And, I feel, that FORM is is no way related to GENRE (with the possible exception of FREE FORM, which is a sub-genre of modern-jazz).

Just my thoughts though and perhaps ones methodology of categorising is slightly different in iTunes (compared to Windoze)?

Best,

Paul
                    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 07-22-2019, 11:49 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...

]]>