title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Ripping Error on Secure, but not on Burst or DBD?

Ripping Error on Secure, but not on Burst or DBD?

Came across a CD where every tracks rips and verifies perfectly, but the last track throws up ** Drive is unable to read into lead out, uncheck over-read option. [clRipperSecure::Rip]

This happens even after I uncheck the over-read option. If I rip the track in Burst or Defective By Design it comes out fine with an Accurate next to it. So what's stopping Secure from ripping the last track correctly?

Administrator

Re: Ripping Error on Secure, but not on Burst or DBD?

What drive do you have? and what is the drive offset?

Hl-dt-st - bddvdrw ch08ls10

Administrator

It is possible that it is something unique to this drive and disc, a different drive would not have this issue.

Ripping burst does not use C2 pointers (if they are enabled).

If I keep Secure enabled, but disable C2 Pointers then the last track rips fine as Accurate with a verified CRC. Wonder why C2 Pointers are messing up the ripping only on the last track and only for this specific CD so far.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by KingZorc View Post
    If I keep Secure enabled, but disable C2 Pointers then the last track rips fine as Accurate with a verified CRC. Wonder why C2 Pointers are messing up the ripping only on the last track and only for this specific CD so far.
    Probably just a minor problem with your drive firmware. If all is OK with the C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection option disabled, then I wouldn't be concerned.