title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ogg vorbis questions.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Partha
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2017

ogg vorbis questions.

Had some questions regarding the ogg vorbis encoder, some very basic ones which i tried googling but couldn't get satisfactory answers, so here goes...

1. I downloaded ogg vorbis from codec central and got three different encoders. the basic ogg vorbis, sse and sse3. Which one should I use?

2. I am converting some hi-res files, so should i retain the original high sample rates in ogg? If so, will encoding create artifacts? If I'm using very high bit rates, above 256 kbps, is it okay to retain sample rates like 192 khz or will it cause artifacts? Is it wise to restrict sample rate to 44.1 or 48 while converting hi-res files to ogg vorbis?

3. what is the finer quality resolution in the original encoder? some sort of abr? Point is moot if i am advised to use the sse and sse3.

Thanks, and all answers appreciated.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ogg vorbis questions.

1. They give the similar results only the speed to encode is different, a modern CPU is SSE3
    2. Depends on your player
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Partha
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
      1. They give the similar results only the speed to encode is different, a modern CPU is SSE3
      2. Depends on your player
      Thanks spoon. Please guide me regarding the finer resolution button in the original encoder.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It allows you to select a more accurate exact bitrate, it does not change the encoding.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Partha
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
          It allows you to select a more accurate exact bitrate, it does not change the encoding.
          thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>