title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Edit ID tag - Adding to default list of new tags

Edit ID tag - Adding to default list of new tags

I have a few custom tags that I use regularly, and it would be nice to have them so up as defaults in the list of tags when I go to add a new tag.

If I create a new custom tag in a single instance of the ID Tag Editor session, it will stay on the list as long as I'm in that session/instance. However if I close it and move to a new session/instance, then it's gone.

Is there a way to edit the default list of possible new tags? So that those I use regularly can always be there?

If not, then I'd like 6to request exposing that list as a customization option in the advanced options section of the main control center. Either the complete list or even just a shorter list of custom tags always to include.

Thanks,
    Peter S
    Last edited by Bacchus; 07-16-2018 at 02:23 AM.

Administrator

Re: Edit ID tag - Adding to default list of new tags

Open Windows File Explorer and into the address bar type:

%appdata%\dBpoweramp

edit the file 'DefaultTagEdit.txt'

add your new tags to the end.

So when I typed
    %appdata%\dBpoweramp
    into the address bar I just get an error.
    I guess I can just create the folder and file myself, but I don't know what the content of the file is supposed to look like.
    I use Release 16.6.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    So when I typed
    %appdata%\dBpoweramp
    into the address bar I just get an error.
    I guess I can just create the folder and file myself, but I don't know what the content of the file is supposed to look like.
    I use Release 16.6.
    It's just a text file with one tag name per line.

Having said that I prefer to get to it using:
    dBpoweramp Control Center > Configuration: Advanced Settings > dBpoweramp Reference: Default Tag Edit Fields: Edit

Hi, thanks for the quick answer!

The option in dBpoweramp Control Center is not there for me.
    And I had tried just putting in a tag name per line, put it resulted in one tag field which had some chinese (?) characters.

BUT now there was a genres.txt in the folder too, so I copied that one over, renamed it and wrote the tag names in there, now it's working.
    Seems the file must have it's encoding set to UTF-16 Little Endian (that's how Notepad++ shows it atleast)

dBpoweramp Guru

The option in dBpoweramp Control Center is not there for me.
    Maybe it was introduced in a later version. I find it useful doing it this way as in one of illustrates other products the location changes depending on how you run it (local account vs service).

And I had tried just putting in a tag name per line, put it resulted in one tag field which had some chinese (?) characters.

BUT now there was a genres.txt in the folder too, so I copied that one over, renamed it and wrote the tag names in there, now it's working.
    Seems the file must have it's encoding set to UTF-16 Little Endian (that's how Notepad++ shows it atleast)
    Good catch I hadn't realised that.