title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Database file is corrupted

Database file is corrupted

Hi,

I have just installed the 6.2 beta on a qnap ts-859 nas, and have got the Internal error details below, Database file is corrupted
    error message.
    What causes this error and how (if necessary) do i rectify it?

Thank you

Super Moderator

Re: Database file is corrupted

There's no clean way to recover. An uninstall/reinstall would delete all your configuration data and produce a new database file.

Note that this is not a new problem of any kind. These issues were not reported in any way until R6.2 and caused hard-to-debug symptoms for some people. I added an error message in R6.2 to help troubleshoot such issues.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

If i uninstall the asset completely and reinstall the trial 6.2 will my 6.1 registration info still be retained?

I have quite a large library around 300k tracks and will soon double.
    I am using a heos player and when the library scan begins in asset I am able to see the first few thousand odd tracks.
    But when the scan is further in and complete i get a no media error in the heos app.

Is there a size limitation at all or is it just the corrupted database rearing its ugly head?

Super Moderator

Uninstall loses the registration info. If you have an old registered version, install it first, then update to the latest trial/beta.

There's no size limitation to Asset database.

The corruption issue is currently being investigated, and it seems to specifically affect specific QNAP models more than other devices.