title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD's ripped with dBpoweramp not displayed properly

CD's ripped with dBpoweramp not displayed properly

I have recently acquired Roon and have encountered a big problem. I will copy two messages from the Roon forum here. I don't know why dBpoweramp is splitting individual tracks in to sub folders but Roon can not handle that.

1- In my library there are many albums that are displayed with a separate album cover for each track. This causes the same artwork to appear 10-20 times with only one of the album’s tracks inside.

This is a tagging problem that does not bother other players since they display the entire album properly with a single cover.

I have tried switching every option from Roon to File in preferences with no improvement. I prefer to not use the grouping function because I want to clear up the original tagging issue that causes this and keep my library clean for all uses.

What needs to be changed in the tags to prevent this? I have an arsenal of tools like Squeed, Bliss and MP3Tag to attack this problem.

2- Looking at the tags in Bliss, MP3Tag and Squeed does not show anything particularly unusual. The most compelling detail is when I look at the simple folder structure.

These discs were ripped with dBpoweramp. The albums that are showing one track per album cover in Roon are separated at a sub folder level by dBpoweramp perhaps to distinguish the different composers on the album. Each sub folder is named after a different composer with one track inside. Again, this does not confuse any other music player (I have dozens) because they are able to show a single album cover that contains all the tracks.

I could strip all the singular tracks from the sub folders while ignoring the composer names and place them in the parent folder together. With over 13K albums on hand that will be impossible in my lifetime. Scrolling through the library I see an overwhelming number of multiple album covers for a single album.

Administrator

Re: CD's ripped with dBpoweramp not displayed properly

"with a separate album cover for each track."

CD Ripper can only ever write one album cover for all tracks, so something external has added these album covers.

"dBpoweramp is splitting individual tracks in to sub folders"

Edit the naming and click the option to set to default naming, by default CD ripper never splits tracks.

Any way to regroup the files that have already been ripped?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by luxo View Post
    Any way to regroup the files that have already been ripped?
    Take a look at the Arrange Audio utility codec that can group files based on tag data.

You will need to check your Naming string in CD Ripper though, as the behaviour you describe is not standard e.g. individual tracks in sub-folders.
    Last edited by mville; 07-15-2018 at 06:08 AM.

mville, that is a terrific pointer! I have reverted to the default string in Batch Converter and CD Ripper. It is apparent that inserting [composer] in the string produced individual sub folders named after the composer with a single track inside.

I have been testing various iterations but still have not found a proper method to include the composer in the track names. Where should I insert [composer] in the default string?