title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Consistent error message on ripping

Consistent error message on ripping

This ripping program no longer works on my setup reporting an error against virtually every track on every CD, new or old, irrespective of DbP settings/quality etc. This program used to work on my computer but has deteriorated to the point of being useless. I want to rip FLAC to a hard drive for use on a music server.

I have Macbook Pro i7 running W10 Pro, v 1803, OS build 17134.137, under Bootcamp with all present Microsoft updates and DbP Reference latest version. I have tried four external cd drives (one Apple, one Samsung SE208, one Matsushita and one Pioneer BDR-XD05TB) which all work ripping to iTunes and ripping FLAC with W Media Player but none will rip FLAC with DbP. I do not have W Media Player open when using DbP.

I have checked the recommended setup and as many forum threads as I can find for users who have raised similar issues. I also checked Windows Defender which is not restricting file access as suggested in a recent thread.

Very occasionally on a rip one track is successful and is sometimes labelled Accurate rip. On a re-run to try and 'capture' other tracks the original then reverts to 'error'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Consistent error message on ripping

What errors is reported?

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    What errors is reported?

Dat Ei
    The 'error' message appears in the Rip Status column as the rip proceeds through each track of the album.

I 'canceled rip' and copied this error message to clip board:

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'D:\Seagate\Music\Kacey Musgraves\Golden Hour\01 Kacey Musgraves - Slow Burn.flac'
    Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 18460 (4:06) in 0:00. Filename: D:\Seagate\Music\Kacey Musgraves\Golden Hour\01 Kacey Musgraves - Slow Burn._
    [Pass 1]
    CRC32: DB7312C7 AccurateRip CRC: 00000000 [DiscID: 013-001643f4-00dd38e7-b90abc0d-1]

Hope this means something to you and helps identify the issue.

Administrator

The text you post indicate no errors.

You can post a screen shot?

I think I have resolved it; I closed the computer down, removed both the CD drive and the external HD from the USB inputs. Hard rebooted, plugged CD drive and external HD back into USB sockets, reset the target HD drive in the db Poweramp ripping menu (to a different letter from D: to E and it appears to be working. Seems very strange because I think I have done this before and wouldn't explain why the occasional track ripped but then not most others. I wonder if it has anything to do with Windows Media Player; previously when I couldn't get dbPoweramp to rip I opened WMP, ripped a disc with WMP to prove it wasn't a hardware fault and then closed program (but with db Poweramp always open in the background). Maybe WMP didn't really close until a hard reboot (after which I didn't reopen). Anyway works for now, fingers crossed, so busy ripping backlog. Thanks for your prompt response.

dBpoweramp Guru

WMP can do bad things to your files, metadata and artwork, even without you knowing it. My recommendation is to disable WMP to avoid accidental problems.