title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't rip Artists with "."

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fröschl
    • Jul 2018

Can't rip Artists with "."

Hello,

I can't rip CDs with Artists with "." in the name.

R.E.M. for example:

Code:
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 1' to '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/101 - R.E.M. - Radio Song.m4a'
       Error audio file failed verification '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/101 - R.E.M. - Radio Song._'.
       Unable to tag file '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/101 - R.E.M. - Radio Song._'
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 2' to '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/102 - R.E.M. - Losing My Religion.m4a'
       Error audio file failed verification '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/102 - R.E.M. - Losing My Religion._'.
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 3' to '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/103 - R.E.M. - Low.m4a'
       Error audio file failed verification '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/103 - R.E.M. - Low._'.
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 4' to '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/104 - R.E.M. - Near Wild Heaven.m4a'
       Error audio file failed verification '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/104 - R.E.M. - Near Wild Heaven._'.
       Unable to tag file '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/104 - R.E.M. - Near Wild Heaven._'
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 5' to '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/105 - R.E.M. - Endgame.m4a'
       Error audio file failed verification '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/105 - R.E.M. - Endgame._'.
       Unable to tag file '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/105 - R.E.M. - Endgame._'
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 6' to '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/106 - R.E.M. - Shiny Happy People.m4a'
       Error audio file failed verification '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/106 - R.E.M. - Shiny Happy People._'.
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 7' to '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/107 - R.E.M. - Belong.m4a'
       Error audio file failed verification '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/107 - R.E.M. - Belong._'.
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 8' to '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/108 - R.E.M. - Half a World Away.m4a'
       Error audio file failed verification '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/108 - R.E.M. - Half a World Away._'.
       Unable to tag file '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/108 - R.E.M. - Half a World Away._'
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 9' to '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/109 - R.E.M. - Texarkana.m4a'
       Error audio file failed verification '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/109 - R.E.M. - Texarkana._'.
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 10' to '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/110 - R.E.M. - Country Feedback.m4a'
       Error audio file failed verification '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/110 - R.E.M. - Country Feedback._'.
       Unable to tag file '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/110 - R.E.M. - Country Feedback._'
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 11' to '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/111 - R.E.M. - Me in Honey.m4a'
       Error audio file failed verification '/Users/oliver/Music/NewRip/R.E.M./Out of Time/111 - R.E.M. - Me in Honey._'.
    Can I fix this?

Thanks.

O.
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: Can't rip Artists with "."

Thanks for your feedback.

I seem to be unable to recreate the issue, I tried ripping to Apple Lossless with dots inserted into artist/album names at random; the output appeared fine and no errors were reported.

I see that all the files dBpoweramp reported verification errors while for some of them there were also complaints about tagging ( usually happens when the file is malformed or not there at all ). Did it actually create any files and were they playable?

Which version of dBpoweramp are you running? I recommend trying the latest beta.

If the bug persists with the latest beta version, please take a configuration snapshot ( launcher window, [configure], converter tab, [save configuration snapshot] ) and email to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis.

Thanks

Comment

• Dat Ei
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2014

Re: Can't rip Artists with "."

Did you try to rip to the final filenames directly? Have a look at the "CD Ripper Options" -> "Tags & Filenames".

Dat Ei

Comment

Working...

]]>