title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Asset R6.2 for Mac / Linux

Super Moderator

Re: Asset R6.2 for Mac / Linux

I'm sorry but the disappearing URL is not our bug. We have no control over this, we only provide the information (port number) in Asset's package manifest.

The only other package with its own admin web interface I could find - Transmission BT client - has the very same problem.

Please complain at Synology.

There are other ways to open Asset web interface, for an example, in Windows 10 Explorer, "Network locations" will list running Asset instances; right click it, choose Properties, click device webpage link from there.

That's very odd, Peter. The other app I use regularly which has a management URL is the MinimServer UPnP server and I've never seen the flashing URL on MinimServer's Package Center page.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Their is a three on the Naim forum you should look at. https://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/a...33103025985678.

Bottom line is I seem to have missing GUI & other features: I've have been pondering how good this install is, does it have an issue, missing or bad links. The missing GUI link & 'Open' tab seems to indicate a bad install, so I've uninstalled (again). After uninstall I checked & noted the AssetUPnP-Data folder is still in the Shared Folder & I've also deleted this. Additionally with this uninstall I've included a system restart in an attempt to clear out any detritus that may be present.

Now with beta-11 installed as per above: AssetUPnP-Data folder is NOT in the Shared Folder. There is NO GUI IP*:45537 link. There is NO 'Open' tab - only Stop & Uninstall. I had to go back into Configure to reset my preferences. Apart from that Asset works.

Super Moderator

I copied Synology SPK manifest ("INFO" file) over from MinimServer, produced a working SPK with no bug, then replaced MinimServer info with ours line by line.

Turns out that the only way I can fix this is by changing app name to "MinimServer".

I also took MinimServer SPK package from MinimServer website, extracted it and edited the name to "MinimServer2". Resulitng SPK has the disappearing URL bug also.

Please tell Synology to stop sabotaging apps that are not registered with their online store. I'm done with this.
    Last edited by PeterP; 09-20-2018 at 08:51 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I suspect Synology will not do anything that we (users) ask them in this case, I guess somehow its you that will need work to open up a dialog & seek there approval/cooperation for another 3rd party program on their OS.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Turns out that the only way I can fix this is by changing app name to "MinimServer".
    I also had a play with the INFO file and couldn't get it to work but I didn't try rernaming the app. I can imagine you probably don't want to do that :-)

I'm not sure you can conclude that Synology is therefore somehow sabotaging apps not registered with their online store. In any case, a bug report to Synology would carry more weight coming from Illustrate as a developer rather than from users, I would guess.

These minor packaging issues aside, there will be a lot of Synology users happy to have the option of using Asset as a UPnP server.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi PeterP & Spoon, any news of progress with this beta ???
    Are you in communication with Synology, is there anything we can help with ???

Administrator

We will publish through the Synology store shortly, we are getting confident in the full release.

Looking forward to it.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Naim NDX - iPad iOS 12.0.1 Beta 12
    When beta 12 came out I completely deleted the previous version & reinstalled in an attempt to get a GUI link, the GUI link still did not appear. Its OK as I installed manually with NAS-IP*:45537. Asside from that its working OK running WAV & DSD only. Waiting for beta 13 or release candidate

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Naim NDX - iPad iOS 12.1 - Asset Beta 12
    Have a problem with RAM running at >80%.
    Played from NAS last evening no problems. This morning found NAS had not hibernated & HDD's running with a higher level of noise than normal. Synology GUI showed RAM in the orange & red region. I checked resources use & saw a lot of Asset UPnP running events, switched Asset from running to stop & RAM reduced to 23 to 26% which is my normal. .......... Please advise.

Administrator

How much ram does your nas have? how many tracks do you have?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The NAS is a DS214 & it's spec are: CPU is Marvell Armada XP with Dual Core 1.066GHz
    System Memory is 512MB DDR3
    I have aprx 5500 tracks (sorry can't remember exact number as am away from home)

Up to this morning it has been running perfectly OK using between 25% & 30% RAM when playing & similar usage when idle. I was alerted this morning because the NAS was not hibernating & the HDD's were making a clunking noise that to me indicated they were running something or other. The Synology GUI showed the RAM indicator in the orange sector (meaning >80%) & a few flashes in the red meaning 90%, but nothing was playing. Looking into the Synology resources screen I could see aprx 5, sometimes more, lines of Asset UPnP running, everything else was sleeping. Going into the Synology Package Center I turned the Asset UPnP from "Run" to "Stop", that immediately lost the Asset lines in the resources screen & the RAM returned to normal +/- 25% usage.

Administrator

Do you have LG tvs in the house?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

No, I'm all Sony. Not sure where the TV link is going, but FYI all the TV's were off when the NAS was running last evening & were still off when I discovered the problem this morning.