title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Asset R6.2 for Mac / Linux

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset R6.2 for Mac / Linux

Is it possible to change the database architecture such that changing the setting for handling multi-disc albums does not lead to a complete library re-scan?

Administrator

No, as these values are stored when scanned.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Couple more remarks/questions if I may:

What functionality is there with Asset for customising Album sort order when viewing by Artist? It seems to be alphabetical by default, it would be nice to be able to sort on Date instead. Is there an option for that?

User renaming of tags: this feature works but seems to require a full library re-scan? There is nothing on the tag editing page to tell the user this is required. When I click Apply, the changes are not immediately effective. I figured a full re-scan might be needed and it worked. Adding a note to this effect could be useful for new users.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

DS214 .......... iPad 11.4.1 .......... Naim app .......... Naim NDX

Had a problem last evening. App would not 'discover' Asset.
    Synology refused to awake from hibernation from app. I started Synology via laptop, the app still did not open Asset.
    Reset the app & no change, deleted & reinstalled the app & still no change.
    Rebooted NDX, restarted Asset, still no change.

Reinstalled Synology UPnP 'Media Server', that worked OK.

Meanwhile I've uninstalled Asset UPnP ........... any ideas &/or further instructions.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

See post above ........ No reply from Illustrate. OK I'll do something on my own. I re-installed Beta-7. It loaded OK & it showed on the app & would open OK. Problem was the UI link was not showing on the Synology installed screen so not able to fine tune my preferences, I tried various things to get to show including another delete & install.

Bottom line is I'm jumping ship back to Synology's Media Server, its a shame as I really do like it (when its working). But until Illustrate get involved, plus I'm travelling for a while, maybe better if I hold on for the official public release

I'm also testing the Synology package and have beta 7 installed. A couple of comments:

- After installing, Asset displays In the Package Center with the default Package Center logo rather than the Asset logo.
    - If you click to see the Asset package page, the correct Asset logo is displayed. However there is something odd going on with the "URL" link which points to the Asset config page. This flashes on and off -- that is, it appears for a while, then disappears. This is why Mike-B above was having trouble navigating to the config page.

Otherwise, all seems to be working well here on a Synology DS412+ (Intel Cedarview).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianP View Post
    I'm also testing the Synology package and have beta 7 installed. A couple of comments:

- After installing, Asset displays In the Package Center with the default Package Center logo rather than the Asset logo.
    - If you click to see the Asset package page, the correct Asset logo is displayed. However there is something odd going on with the "URL" link which points to the Asset config page. This flashes on and off -- that is, it appears for a while, then disappears. This is why Mike-B above was having trouble navigating to the config page.

Otherwise, all seems to be working well here on a Synology DS412+ (Intel Cedarview).
    I've had the exact same experience. Not an issue if you have the URL bookmarked, but for a new user it could be off-putting, would be good to fix.

I fully support that; It would really great to have the Albums shown in the order of their Publishing date. Is there any Chance to do this with the tree Settings?

Quote Originally Posted by ac16161 View Post
    Couple more remarks/questions if I may:

What functionality is there with Asset for customising Album sort order when viewing by Artist? It seems to be alphabetical by default, it would be nice to be able to sort on Date instead. Is there an option for that?

Administrator

You can edit the tree and replace the 'album' entry under artist with 'album by release'

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You can edit the tree and replace the 'album' entry under artist with 'album by release'
    thanks. That's helpful. Further customisation on sort order would be nice but useful to know there is some coverage on this.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-B View Post

Had a problem last evening. App would not 'discover' Asset.
    Synology refused to awake from hibernation from app. I started Synology via laptop, the app still did not open Asset.
    Reset the app & no change, deleted & reinstalled the app & still no change.
    Rebooted NDX, restarted Asset, still no change.

Reinstalled Synology UPnP 'Media Server', that worked OK.

Meanwhile I've uninstalled Asset UPnP ........... any ideas &/or further instructions.

09/05/18 See post above ........ No reply from Illustrate. OK I'll do something on my own. I re-installed Beta-7. It loaded OK & it showed on the app & would open OK. Problem was the UI link was not showing on the Synology installed screen so not able to fine tune my preferences, I tried various things to get to show including another delete & install.

Bottom line is I'm jumping ship back to Synology's Media Server, its a shame as I really do like it (when its working). But until Illustrate get involved, plus I'm travelling for a while, maybe better if I hold on for the official public release
    I reinstalled last Saturday with Beta-8, again the UI link did not appear so connected via NAS.IP/45537 & bookmarked. I all worked OK & I got my config preferences up & running. Problem is I'm now away so can't get into it for the next week.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Appreciate the further work on the Synology version, but the disappearing/reappearing URL in Package Center is still an issue with beta 10.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I installed beta-10 over beta-8 & its the same as my previous post: The URL link to the GUI link does not appear, it does not appear/disappear as per ac16161, the workaround is connected via NAS.IP/45537 & have it bookmarked in Chrome.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I just tried my 214+, and it too has the disappearing/re-appearing URL in Package Center (about a 5-second cycle). My daily driver is a 416play, which also has this glitch. No functional issues as far as I can tell, just Package Center misbehaving. Both boxes on latest version of DSM.

Super Moderator

OK, I seem to have the disappearing URL bug on my DS218 as well, investigating.

This problem is annoying but harmless, "Open" button works, opens the very same URL.