title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Asset R6.2 for Mac / Linux

Administrator

Re: Asset R6.2 for Mac / Linux

Asset uses an internal cache for performance reasons, on your nas 512MB 30% to 80% is 256MB of memory, not a huge amount (considering entry level laptops come with 2GB of ram, which is 10x more ram).

Normally this cache is not used, unless something decides to index every tree that Asset provides, LG tvs are known to do this, other devices on the network could do this also. If you restart Asset and notice in the morning it is using lots of memory and you have not used Asset, then something else on the network is using Asset.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks for info;
    I restarted Asset last evening, RAM was around 25%, I ran a few tracks to check it, RAM was unchanged & then checked the NAS hibernated - that its able to go to hibernate means it's completely inactive. It's all OK this morning, RAM is still 25% & nothing is going on in the CPU other than idling.
    This looks like a one off event, cause as yet unknown but it's on my watch list. Thanks for the help
    Last edited by Mike-B; 11-01-2018 at 05:32 AM.

I get a 404 trying to download the Mac .dmg

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-B View Post
    Thanks for info;
    I restarted Asset last evening, RAM was around 25%, I ran a few tracks to check it, RAM was unchanged & then checked the NAS hibernated - that its able to go to hibernate means it's completely inactive. It's all OK this morning, RAM is still 25% & nothing is going on in the CPU other than idling.
    This looks like a one off event, cause as yet unknown but it's on my watch list. Thanks for the help
    I've been trouble free since this RAM jam event, so its now just over a week. I've also just changed to beta-13 & all OK.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I've installed beta-14 having noted the LG TV workaround is included, keeping in mind my RAM overload issue was at first suspected of being LG TV related, although I have all Sony TV's

Beta-14 is working all OK.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Linn users of Asset should be pleased with Beta 15, since for the first time ever in using Asset, I have found that the Kazoo control point can now automatically download artist biog info for the Artist view. I've uploaded a screenshot of this. This feature has always worked with Minimserver and Linn's own server, but never with Asset. Unfortunately, this is not working with the Album Artist view, only the Artist view. With Minimserver, it works in both cases. It's nice to see that this feature is finally working, can it be extended to the Album Artist view as well?

IMG_0027.jpg

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

if I can post one more request: Linn's iOS Kazoo control point has an Auto mode for list vs grid layout when browsing. With Minimserver, dynamic switching works well,e.g. for a very long list of artistis, I get a list, but on selecting an artist, I get a grid view of albums. This dynamic switching of the view type does not work with Asset. It's all a List or all a grid. Is this something that could be looked at?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Sorry to post regarding another little glitch, but with Beta 15, my album views now have the album year appended to their titles. I always sort by Release, but don't want (or would want to have my own contol of) the year being part of the title. Is that user configurable? Pretty sure this did not happen before Beta 15. Example posted below.

IMG_20181124_164819.jpg

Super Moderator

Thanks for your feedback.

Album Artist Linn biography display has been addressed for the next update.

Failure to detect grid vs list view has been acknowledged and is being investigated.

In what view exactly do you get the unwanted prepended album release dates? "Album by Release" views are supposed to do this and also did it in prior versions as far as I can tell, correct me if I'm wrong. I can add an option to suppress this though.

Administrator

Album by release always has had the year as part of the title.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks for considering the feedback. I've not much experience with the Album by Release view, perhaps I just did not notice the year being appended to the album title. It would be nice to have the option to suppress it and also to choose ascending vs descending sort?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I've been running beta 15 since it was released & its been working perfectly, so nothing to report.
    It ran out of trail period days & reverted to the basic server function; I deleted it & installed a new beta to get the full functionality back.
    Is there any news on another beta or release candidate?

Naim NDX - iPad iOS 12.1.1 Beta 15

Administrator

As soon as we are able to.

Administrator

Now Released.

Synology support as soon as they pass the application for their store.

Administrator

Synology version now released.