title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset R6.2 for Mac / Linux

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset R6.2 for Mac / Linux

did an uninstall and reinstall and the issue went away, copying all .dBpoweramp directory prob not sensible!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I do have a weird problem with the Synology beta4, not sure if I had it with earlier version. I have two RPi's running asset and when one or both of them are running and I load up the Synology Asset server I see all the instances as I should. If I stop the Synology server I see the RPi servers still and everything is fine. However, if I just leave the Synology server on the renderers lose any site of a UPnP server and I can't play music. I can see the web GUI and restart Asset etc. but nothing makes the server appear. As soon as the RPI server(s) are brought online and the renderers reset the Synology instances appear again? Bottom line is that I can'y just have Synology version running by its self? Thoughts?
    Philip

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ac16161 View Post
    Installed beta 4 on my 214 and while installation appears to complete, Package Center permanently shows the status as stopped.
    Thanks for the reply. It seems as if it installed correctly...
    Can you please try starting Asset manually:
    Code:
    /var/packages/Asset/target/bin/AssetUPnP
    Post any output / error messages that it shows. If the AssetUPnP binary is not there at all, please post output of:
    Code:
    ls -lah /volume1/@appstore/Asset

Quote Originally Posted by psweetie View Post
    I do have a weird problem with the Synology beta4, not sure if I had it with earlier version. I have two RPi's running asset and when one or both of them are running and I load up the Synology Asset server I see all the instances as I should. If I stop the Synology server I see the RPi servers still and everything is fine. However, if I just leave the Synology server on the renderers lose any site of a UPnP server and I can't play music. I can see the web GUI and restart Asset etc. but nothing makes the server appear. As soon as the RPI server(s) are brought online and the renderers reset the Synology instances appear again? Bottom line is that I can'y just have Synology version running by its self? Thoughts?
    Philip
    Unfortunately UPnP discovery is unreliable technology (UDP multicast, no recovery from packet loss), I have to admit that it is acting quite random on my own home setup. Rebooting the router could perhaps help.
    Or perhaps the control point app gets confused, maybe resetting its configuration (uninstall/reinstall cycle?) could help.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

As requrested per the DS214, hope this helps.

admin@DS214:/$ /var/packages/Asset/target/bin/AssetUPnP
    FATAL: kernel too old
    Aborted
    admin@DS214:/$ ls -lah /volume1/@appstore/Asset
    total 12K
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4.0K Jul 28 09:49 .
    drwxr-xr-x 10 root root 4.0K Jul 28 09:49 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4.0K Jul 28 09:49 bin
    admin@DS214:/$

Super Moderator

Good, we are getting somewhere now.
    Please post ouptut of uname -r

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I also just dowloaded the Raspberry Pi 6.1 file and that runs fine on the 214.

Super Moderator

Thanks for the details. All makes sense now, I redid the build tools for Asset 6.2 and the lowest supported kernel was 3.2.87. I will redo this with older kernel support for beta 5.

EDIT: Corrected kernel version after checking exact config files.
    Apparently 3.2.87 is the oldest supported by current crosstool-ng. I'll fall back to older crosstool-ng, which I used before with old Asset versions.
    Last edited by PeterP; 07-28-2018 at 03:34 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks, my interest here is out of curiosity in case this can help other users, as the 416 is my main unit. Its kernel version is 3.10.105.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I did post something in the Synology thread but better off in here. There seemed to be a problem on my home network where the Synology version of the server only worked if one or both of my RPI servers are also present. If they were both off the Synology did not seem to advertise. I tried resetting routers, switches etc and still the same. My NAS has DDNS enabled and the Asset GUI (if you press the open button from package manager) also is referenced by the DDNS name. If you also open port 1900 UDP and direct it to the NAS that is the port on which the DLNA advertises things and opening it let mine run. It may yet not work of course but it seems to have solved things in the short term!

Philip

Super Moderator

Beta 5 out.
    Old Linux kernel compatibility has been addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by psweetie View Post
    I did post something in the Synology thread but better off in here. There seemed to be a problem on my home network where the Synology version of the server only worked if one or both of my RPI servers are also present. If they were both off the Synology did not seem to advertise. I tried resetting routers, switches etc and still the same. My NAS has DDNS enabled and the Asset GUI (if you press the open button from package manager) also is referenced by the DDNS name. If you also open port 1900 UDP and direct it to the NAS that is the port on which the DLNA advertises things and opening it let mine run. It may yet not work of course but it seems to have solved things in the short term!

Philip
    Problem noted, we should not be ever referenced by a DDNS name, I will look into this.
    Still, I have no idea how other instances of Asset may possibly affect discoverability of one another, unless the controlpoint is doing something crazy or the unique identifiers clash.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

If the synology is referenced using DDNS (and a lot of people will use it that way) then when you select open asset from the package centre, it just continues to use the ddns reference. As I said opening the DLNA port resolves the issue so that seems to be a firewall config problem. I can confirm that the three separate asset installations are all done from scratch and have all set their own ASSET_ID, so there should be no clash. Obviously with the port 1900 open the synology asset server broadcasts correctly and issue has gone away. Maybe the other servers were initiating a discovery service and enabling the synology server to be found?
    Philip

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Beta 5 out.
    Old Linux kernel compatibility has been addressed.
    I can confirm the .spk build now runs on the 214. Nice to have Synology support, my hacked installs usually needed patching after a DSM update, good to have an official version, much less hassle.

Thank you so much Peter for this fantastic work!

Your package is working flawless on my DS218+ .

For registered users doing a completely fresh install (no old ".dBpoweramp" folder left) like i did: take the "AssetReg.bin" file from the original downloaded registered package and copy it to the new located ".dBpoweramp" folder in "/volume1/AssetUPnP-Data", thats it.

cheers

h

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

DS214 iPad w iOS 11.4.1
    Very happy to report easy install & 1 week of 100% trouble free operation & learning curve
    When can we expect the next beta & any indication on how far away is the release candidate