title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

...Cannot Copy MP3 from PC to Android

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ethan417
    • Oct 2015

...Cannot Copy MP3 from PC to Android

Hi

I have been using Poweramp for Android and dBpoweram CD Ripper for years - and of course, they are great.

Recently, I have been experiencing issues that I have not been able to resolve.

Here are 2 examples of the same issue:

I ripped the Lynyrd Skynyrd Gold (2 CDs) using dBpoweramp CD ripper.

I dragged the MP3 files for CD 1 to my android - the files copied successfully.

When I went to copy the CD 2 to my android - The message "There is already a file with the same name in this location"

I checked my phone - the CD 2 files were not on my computer.

I selected "Copy and Replace" - all CD 1 Files were deleted and replaced by the CD 2 files.

I deleted the CD 2 files - shut down and restarted my Android - same problem.

Example 2 - The Beatles For Sale (stereo version) was on my Android.

I deleted the files - Turned my phone off and then restarted.

Checked to make sure that there were no files on the phone. - ok.

Attempted to copy The Beatles For Sale (mono version) to my phone.

Same message - "There is already a file with the same name in this location".

This never happened before.

I have no idea what's going on.

Also, I noticed a recent issue with dBpoweramp CD Ripper - recently, it has been taking a long time to access the metadata - I have a high speed network.

Can anyone help me untangle this?

Many thanks

-Ethan
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ...Cannot Copy MP3 from PC to Android

If using a version of dBpoweramp prior to R16 see:

The AMG metadata service is being phased out and will be switched off around July 2016. It is in our plans to replace AMG with alternative metadata (discogs is the likely replacement). dBpoweramp R16 will release around July 2016, it will include an alternative database. Batch Ripper after July 2016 will only access: GD3,

I have no ideas about your file copying though.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>